The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

rear upper control arm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am looking for a rear upper control arm that is adjustable to correct my pinion angle. I am looking on line at some and they are double adjustable. What is the other adjustment? All I need to do is get my 3 degrees down and I am good.

My Steeda unit is "double adjustable" but it just means there's a jam nut on each end of the arm that you can loosen and then rotate is to lengthen or shorten without removing the arm from the car. You do this to adjust pinion angle. If it's not double adjustable you would have to bolt it up, measure PA, then remove one end of the arm to adjust it until you got it where you want it.

There are arms out there that do have two adjustments. One being the arm itself and two being the bracket. My UPR arm and HD bracket came with two mounting holes in the bracket to bolt the arm too.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
That is what the multi-position UCA is supposed to do. Felllow Mustang racers that have both the multi-position UCA as well as LCA Relo brackets have said that the combination makes the car too loose on exit (can't get power down)--meaning there is a point where you can have too much anti-squat; there is a sweet spot. You may have to experiment and see what works for you.

ArizonaGT said:
That is what the multi-position UCA is supposed to do. Felllow Mustang racers that have both the multi-position UCA as well as LCA Relo brackets have said that the combination makes the car too loose on exit (can't get power down)--meaning there is a point where you can have too much anti-squat; there is a sweet spot. You may have to experiment and see what works for you.

Thanks for the answer. I guess I didn't make myself clear, I think the OP and myself were thinking of doing one or the other, not both multiposition upper bracket and lower relocation bracket.

Thanks though, good info to have. I love this site...

I have lowered the car about an inch and a half in the rear and just looking to get my pinion angle back.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel