The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear wheel well liner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgc76

Life is good
My 2013 Boss and my daughter's 2012 V-6 have rear wheel well liners with a felt coating. These are mostly for road noise reduction. Lots of guys complain about the road noise in the 2005-2009 GT-500's and my 09 GT-500 has a lot of road noise. It does not have the felt coated liners nor did the other 2005-2009 Mustangs. Some reason Ford began putting them on starting in 2010.

Ford Parts calls them Quarter Panel Splash Guards with part numbers AR3Z-63278B50-A (right) and AR3Z-63278B51-A (left). Does anyone know if the 2010-2014 liners will fit the 2005-2009 Stangs? Guess I could pull one from my Boss and try it, but I hope someone here might know without me going to all that trouble and probably breaking some fastners in the process.

dgc76

Life is good
Here is a great solution for the "no attaching studs" issue. Just clean the contact area well and then use alcohol or lighter fluid before attaching. Great for all kinds of automotive items such as insulation that you don't want to glue. Used them to attach hood insulation on an older Focus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AspkfCo9ePs

There are also two large foam and felt inserts in the fenders, too. Problem is they get waterlogged and I am sure will be a cause of cancer for many Mustangs driven in winter. You can remove them by opening the door and getting someone with skinny arms to reach in, they are not secured in any way. I didn't notice much noise increase.

WinterSucks said:
There are also two large foam and felt inserts in the fenders, too. Problem is they get waterlogged and I am sure will be a cause of cancer for many Mustangs driven in winter. You can remove them by opening the door and getting someone with skinny arms to reach in, they are not secured in any way. I didn't notice much noise increase.

One day last year when I opened my drivers door the insert just fell out. I pulled the passengers side out after that.

dgc76

Life is good
I ordered them and they fit the 2009. Attachment was easy with the stick on easy snaps I referred to above.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
dgc76 said:
I ordered them and they fit the 2009. Attachment was easy with the stick on easy snaps I referred to above.

Have any pics of the install?

CrazyHorse1847 said:
One day last year when I opened my drivers door the insert just fell out. I pulled the passengers side out after that.

I had that happen too. Didn't seem like a quality installation method to me. I was annoyed for a minute. Can't say I noticed any more noise with them out.

TMO Supporting Vendors