The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rebate on Falken Tires at TIRERACK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Ordered 4 Falken Azenis RT615K+ today from TR using link thru TMO. Looking forward to having some more grip. $100.00 buck rebate to use on new air compressor! It is snowing here so I guess I still have time to sort this stuff out.

Thanks for your support. What size did you buy? I drove a school car with the older version of that tire and was impressed with their grip.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
I run the RT615K+ on my 03 Cobra and had a lot of great success with the tires. Just wish they'd get them in 19 for the GT350

drano38

Wayne
I met a guy at a track event with about an '03 that liked Falken's, but not sure which model he used.
I know they're not as popular with drivers on this forum, but they do look like nice tires.
Let us know how they work.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
It will be interesting to see what happens at Falken over the coming years as the guy pushing US Marketing and Retail used to be at Pirelli since he is an avid autocrosser and track proponent. I give him credit for making the Falken the new Spec Tire for the Spec Class in SCCA Solo Competition. Give us your impressions , as I had a set of the previous model years back and they were one of the better semi -sticky street donuts out there.

Why aren't they popular on these forums?
Good question. When several TMO members rented Chuckwalla Valley Raceway back in 2013 three of us also rented their school cars which had Azenis RT615K tires on them. We liked them a lot but as far as I recall the widest tire they had at the time was a 275/35/18. We were all looking for a 295 or 305 width tire. Many of us used the Nitto NT01 and were quite happy with them. Looks like the newer tire is available in a 295 and 315.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Falken&tireModel=Azenis+RT615K+

Yeah i tried to price out a set of 305/18's, but only found 295, and 315's. So that leaves the NT01 at the top of my list.

Ive used RT615 Azenis in the past on other platforms, i like them

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Are you looking for just a track tire or one to use on the street also? Depending on the aspect ratio and tire company , some 295s put down almost as much of a contact patch. Just wondering as the NT01s are pretty much track only , though can tell by your location , you are not worried about them shedding water, ha.

Last edited:
well, I need tires ASAP for my daily wheels.

I ordered 18x10 "track" wheels a few weeks ago but they still have a 10 week lead time.

Currently I daily 275/35/18 Dunlop Direzza ZII star specs and I love them. Unfortunately they are discontinued. (they make a Direzza ZIII, but they are new and a different compound)

looks like ill be ordering RT615k+'s in 275/35/18 to daily.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I hope Toyo Tires' Proxes 4 Plus tires go on sale too.

Not directly on-sale, but they do have free shipping on most of the highest-performance Proxes models. That should save you at least $100.

upload_2018-6-28_14-18-21.png

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel