The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Recaro seat break

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Are we sure those are Recaros and not some Taiwan or China Knock off?
They looked like they were ready to break before the accident. Roll cage and fixed FIA seat with halo protection and HANS device. No more fooling around next season. Cage will be going in this winter.
Steve

I don't see how one can make any connection with what you see in the video to the stock Boss Recaros (and those in the GT500, and GT w/ Track Pack).

From the video you can't exactly tell if they're real Recaros or not...indeed, they could be some cheap knock-off brand (of which there are plenty out there), and you can't tell anything about how well (or poorly) they were mounted, if they were modified, etc.

Ford no doubt spec'ed the Mustang Recaros to survive rigorous crash and impact safety standards, and crash tested the bejeezus out of them before approving them for use in the Mustang. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

GUys i mad it clear from the start these are Factory fit seats not aftermarket or cheap copies or i would not have posted it on here

TMO Supporting Vendors