The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Recaro Seat Covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does any one know if there are any seat covers available for the Recaro's? I am reaching 20k and the seat belts are starting to wear on the sides and the BOSS 302 stitching is also getting a little worn. I tried the Recaro site but didn't see anything specific for the Boss.

I was wondering about putting a BOSS 302 patch on the shoulder, where the belt rubs, but I don't know if you can remove patches without leaving residue. Sorry a little off topic, but it was my idea for coping with the issue.

Mine now has 8K miles and is starting to show minor wear on the upper part of the seat where the seat belt touches it. I was thinking of having an upholstery shop sew a piece there but I'm not sure what to use.

I was thinking something like this

69dd_2.jpg

If it wears, pop it off and replace it.

The other option would be one of those sleeves for the belt, like the Tanaka ones that the kids in the imports have. Maybe they have one with a soft lining so it won't damage the seat, and will not rub as much because the belt is sliding inside it. Would just need a pattern that would match the Boss. I think I'll have my gf make something next time she is in town, just to see how it looks. She does custom clothes and stuff so she can probably figure something out.

I was wondering of the box/airbag on the side of the drivers seat it shows and I have a concern that it will wear through? Will ford atleast cover the seats? For how long if so? Or is this another thing kinda like the shifter or the clutch ordeal?

95 you need to update your signiture with Walmart seat covers! Thanks I will brave the fine people at Walmart this weekend and see what I can find.

HAHA I might do that. ;D Mine are black and silver and don't fit that well on the seat part but the back fits nice and tight. This is the one I got.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Auto-Expressions-Bucket-Seatcover-Braxton-Black/16672499

Hambone said:
Does any one know if there are any seat covers available for the Recaro's? I am reaching 20k and the seat belts are starting to wear on the sides and the BOSS 302 stitching is also getting a little worn. I tried the Recaro site but didn't see anything specific for the Boss.

For Big Money, I've heard that Katzkin covers are extremely nice. They are full leather replacements and pricey, but they even did a special one for the Boss 302: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nX3yUibMrNE

The seats in the video don't look to be the Recaro's however, but I'm sure they can cover any seat.

I too had the seatbelt rub near the top........I just brought it into Ford and expressed my displeasure of how after only 12,000 miles it's worn.

The Recaro's are a nice seat but not really made for the Mustang. If your tall or don't sit up close to the steering wheel it's going to rub and wear. I got mine replaced by Ford before my 12,000 mile mark.

Here's the link for the originals.

http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/parts/2012/FORD/MUSTANG/BOSS%20302/?siteid=214771&vehicleid=1501235&diagram=JC10521&diagramCallOut=13

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel