The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Recaro Seats - premature wear & new custom seat covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Same problem here. I noticed it at 1800 miles. Seat bottom was replaced today under warranty without issues. Dealer did state to me that it looked like velcro damage from my pants. I wear slacks and cargo pants / shorts mostly. My F250 XLT CrewCab has 144000 miles and not a bit of wear on the cloth seats....just sayin'.

yeah that is pretty bad.

I am something heavy, with 10,000 miles mine look perfect was just vacuuming the car out yesterday and really got a good look at the drivers seat it isn't showing any signes of this wear. The material is pretty crappy but it should still hold up.

oh and i should add I've moved my seat so ford would probably never warranty it if something was to happen. lowered it 3-4 inches and moved back at least 4 inches.

GA
The standard "leather" that Ford uses in the Mustang does not wear well either (the one that is perforated). I have the premier trim which has all smooth and higher quality leather, and it seems to be holding up better than my 2008 Bullitt Mustang leather did. I know a lot of people say the cloth is better since you don't move around, but I prefer leather in a car, especially beyond a certain price point. That would really piss me off to have my cloth seats wear like that after such a short a time.

Took her back to the dealership where I bought the car and they agree with me. They are resubmitting. Looks like it is going to get taken care of. Will keep y'all posted.

Mine is showing bad wear also. There needs to be a TSB on this it is associated with many of these seats. The leather is the fix unless they can come up with a better material.

Jeff said:
oh and i should add I've moved my seat so ford would probably never warranty it if something was to happen. lowered it 3-4 inches and moved back at least 4 inches.

How? Lowering 3-4 inches is a lot, I would like to lower mine a bit over stock but I didn't really see a way to do it poking under there.

CaliMR said:
How? Lowering 3-4 inches is a lot, I would like to lower mine a bit over stock but I didn't really see a way to do it poking under there.

was a good amount of work. bought a mustang base bracket from Recaro and generic sliders from Recaro. Removed the stock seat and all the stock hardware. removed the seat from all of the stock hardware. There is a giant mechanism under that seat for the up/down function. This adds a good amount of height the thing is huge.

once all that is out the generic recaro sliders mount directly to the base of the bare seat. then the sliders are mounted to the base seat bracket. I did lose the up/down function of the seat but I'm more than fine with that. there was some cutting and welding but everything can be put back to stock.

I'm just over 6'8" doing this also allowed me to move the seat back about 4 inches.

Picked up my car yesterday. My dealer I bought the car from warrantied the bottom seat cover. All is well. I'll be watching it closely though.

satisfaxtion said:
Same with my 2012 Boss- 5k miles and one year - upper right stitching coming apart and fuzzy in that same area.

Need to get it to Ford.

Same here, 4xxx miles and the stitching is getting fuzzy like that lower outside seat back........

RichP

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel