The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Recaro seats - Retractable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you mean will the front seats fold forward? If you get the Recars, the passenger one does for sure, as I had to get a fat guy in the rear seat yesterday. The hook on the back leans it forward, the bar under the seat slides it forward. Have to do both. I don't know about the LS for sure, but I believe it has the same seats as the regular one with the Recaros. That one really should have sub belt holes, if not the regular Boss too, but my guess out of my arse is that the seats are DOT not FIA so they didn't want to put holes and have people think they are the equivalent of a good fixed back seat. Lawyers and such. Friend's GT3RS didn't have sub holes either iirc.

The seats fold forward like a typical seat and allow access to the back seats. My kids do it all the time. The seats do not lay all the way flat for taking a snooze and I think that's what your question is. They do recline quite a ways and will be good enough for a short nap but not sleeping in your car overnight. ;) The Boss and LS have the same seats.

5 DOT 0 said:
The seats fold forward like a typical seat and allow access to the back seats. My kids do it all the time. The seats do not lay all the way flat for taking a snooze and I think that's what your question is. They do recline quite a ways and will be good enough for a short nap but not sleeping in your car overnight. ;) The Boss and LS have the same seats.
Thanks. I meant 'reclining' for those half-hour naps at a rest stop for those 500+ mile days.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel