The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Recaro seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a 2012 Boss Mustang with the Recaro seats. I am 56 years old with some back problems and the seats are very uncomfortable for me. I previously drove a 2008 GT without any problems seat wise.
Last week I drove a 2013 GT with stock cloth seats and it was fine.
Does anyone know how I can get a driver's side black cloth manual seat? I would think a 2010-2013 would fit fine. Thanks so much.

I would really like to buy a regular cloth seat and keep the recaro for if I ever sold the Boss

I have a '12 Boss with the standard cloth seats & they are very comfortable in my opinion. I have never sat in the Recaro's so I don't know what I am missing. I can only assume it's a little snugger fit. Maybe that's the cause of your discomfort. I hope you find a solution to your dilemma.

If you post on a regular Mustang forum, someone might want to trade. Or even someone here. But you could also check ebay/craigslist for used ones out of wrecks or the local race forums for someone who swapped to an FIA seat. Or you could get one from Ford or http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/ if you are willing to pay for a new one.

Definitely post this on a regular Mustang forum......there's always guys looking for Recaro's who would be glad to trade their regular seats.

I have a Boss 302 with standard seats and will trade plus pay to trade. Where are you the distance between us may make a trade not practical. 2012 same seats as 2013. I am in so cal.

I am in shreveport la. I have not ridden in the regular seats. Are they a similar fit to a regular mustang seat?

68yelcoupe, I'm in Bossier City. I don't have seats to trade, however I have sat in the standard Boss seats and they appear to be very similar to Standard GT seats.

If you ever consider Autocrossing look me up as I'm the SCCA Red River Regional Executive. We hold an autox about once a month behind Bossier High School.

Good luck with your search, Chris

I am an overweight 53 year old who didn't fit the Recaros to well either. I would get a very sore back/side in just 30 minutes. After lots of testing I found I was able to solve the problem by making the seat back very up right. Much more than what you would think. I had the back reclined too much even though it was similar than how I used the seats in my other vehicles and there was too much presure on my back and ribs. (side) Keeping the back very straight up forced me to keep the weight on the seat bottom and solved the pain issue. The seat back almost looks like it is facing forward and it keeps you up on the steering wheel. Give it a try before you change out the Recaros.

I have the standard seats in my Boss and have found them to be just right for my 6'4" 275 pound frame. The Recaros were very comfortable, but a little too snug. For street use, the standard seats are fine.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
The boss base seats have more side bolestering vs the base GT cloth seats. My friend has a 12 gt brembo with cloth. So they may be to snug for you. I am 5'10" 140lbs and I got some wiggle room lol. I actually prefer the base seats over the recaros as they are easy to see around and I think more comfortable.

GA
Justin said:
I am 5'10" 140lbs and I got some wiggle room lol.

Like putting a gallon of milk by itself in the trunk. ;) LOL Putting me in Recaros is like stuffing 10 lbs of shiat in a 5 lb bag. :D

Justin

PJWANNABE said:
Justin said:
I am 5'10" 140lbs and I got some wiggle room lol.

Like putting a gallon of milk by itself in the trunk. ;) LOL Putting me in Recaros is like stuffing 10 lbs of shiat in a 5 lb bag. :D
yeah still is harder to get in and out of the car for me than it was in my 06 GT. And to think I am trying to gain weight. I was down to 129 there for a while.

Things that dont help me to gain weight are working on the car from morning till evening and not stopping to eat lol.

Have you thought about keeping the Recaro Seats and buying regular GT seats? When you go to sell your Boss some day in the future you would have the original seats to just put back in it. I believe it is only a couple of bolts that hold them in.

Justin

ford20 said:
Have you thought about keeping the Recaro Seats and buying regular GT seats? When you go to sell your Boss some day in the future you would have the original seats to just put back in it. I believe it is only a couple of bolts that hold them in.
I think thats what he wants to do.
68yelcoupe said:
I have a 2012 Boss Mustang with the Recaro seats. I am 56 years old with some back problems and the seats are very uncomfortable for me. I previously drove a 2008 GT without any problems seat wise.
Does anyone know how I can get a driver's side black cloth manual seat? I would think a 2010-2013 would fit fine. Thanks so much.

I would really like to buy a regular cloth seat and keep the recaro for if I ever sold the Boss

Justin said:
ford20 said:
I think thats what he wants to do.
68yelcoupe said:

Yep, I saw that :)

But I also saw this and thought instead of doing that you can keep your car with all the options and have a slightly higher resale value in the future lol

Here is a link to the parts page for the regular GT seats

http://www.texasmotorsfordparts.com/parts/2012/FORD/MUSTANG/GT/?siteid=214462&vehicleid=1501232&diagram=JC10520

68yelcoupe said:
Jon W
Appreciate that.
Maybe I can swap out someone for the standard Boss seats

Yes, I would like a factory black cloth seat. Dealer said it would be 4 grand. That's why I am looking.

Justin

Oh my to piece together a seat would be insane. I would call around to the mustang salvage yards like MPS amoung others. I am sure there are plenty of cracked up GT's/V6's around 10-13 by now.

TMO Supporting Vendors