The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

recommend another wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
I need another set of track wheels and I wanted another set of SVE drift wheels but they are out of stock. Can any one recommend another wheel that's reasonably priced? Like the Enkei's but kind of pricey.

Basically the same price as the Enkei's but check out the Team Dynamics from Blowfish Racing.

https://www.blowfishracing.com/wheels-and-tires/20-18x10-pro-race-13-wheels.html

I like the team dynamics wheels as well.

I'm currently using forgstar f14's, if you're a SVTP member you can get a discount code from American Muscle.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Think the Drifts have the low end of good wheels wrapped up. At 18x10 , 24 lbs. and $150 ea. shipped to your door. Done. Wait or other options,
A step up would be the Forgestars from Vorshlag 18x10, 20 lbs. at $350 a wheel. The T.D. from Blow Fish at $330 a wheel and 24 lbs. The D force from Vorshlag $309 a wheel and 19 lbs.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Weighed mine in at 24 lbs. I'd worry about a 21 lb cast 18x10!

I can't think of another low priced 18x10 that have the right offset. American Muscle might have some that work if you use spacers up front for brake and backspace clearance.

Domestic Product

Grant 302 said:

I can't think of another low priced 18x10 that have the right offset. American Muscle might have some that work if you use spacers up front for brake and backspace clearance.

You are correct , typo on my end. 24lbs

Grant 302 said:

Vorshlag test all their wheel combos on the street, autocross and track. I believe either wheel combo from Vorshlag will stand up to street use. They are quality products from what I've witness at the track. The Forgestars have the best look IMO. The Enkei PF01 is another great option, but like others have said they are all pricey compared to SVE wheel price point. My track wheels are PF01s, no issues after two years of track and autox use.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
HackBoss302 said:
Vorshlag test all their wheel combos on the street, autocross and track. I believe either wheel combo from Vorshlag will stand up to street use. They are quality products from what I've witness at the track. The Forgestars have the best look IMO. The Enkei PF01 is another great option, but like others have said they are all pricey compared to SVE wheel price point. My track wheels are PF01s, no issues after two years of track and autox use.

I don't have a problem with the flow-formed rims at that weight! I have 2 sets of Forgestar F14, and a set of SVE drifts. They all stand up to street abuse.

Domestic Product

Tucson302 said:
Thanks for all the input I guess I need to stop being such a tightwad and just buy the good stuff!

Start looking at these and the others seem low cost. Would love to have a set!
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-racing-wheel-boss-302r-p-1554.html

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Any of the GT500 wheels will work well on the track. Not the lightest (but not the heaviest) and not the least expensive (but not pricey), and they are strong. Only "downside" is they are only 9.5" wide, which isn't really a problem, but you won't be able to run much more than a 275mm tire on these, if that's your goal.

2vwRUdm.png

On the other hand, you'd be spending "only" another $4-500 on a set of Enkei PF01s or Forgestar F14s.

neema said:
There's the new Apex flow formed wheel offered in a group-buy on S197forum if you want the 302S/R look.

Dang it!! I'm not a member to that site.
Is it the same Apex who does bmw wheels? Apex Arc8, EC18 etc???

boro92 said:
Dang it!! I'm not a member to that site.
Is it the same Apex who does bmw wheels? Apex Arc8, EC18 etc???

There's a decent amount of handling oriented discussion in the corner carvers subforum. It may be worth a visit. I don't venture very far from there.

The wheels are indeed the same Apex brand that makes many BMW fitment wheels. They have 18x9.5 and 18x10 sizes in their EC7 style

neema said:
There's a decent amount of handling oriented discussion in the corner carvers subforum. It may be worth a visit. I don't venture very far from there.

The wheels are indeed the same Apex brand that makes many BMW fitment wheels. They have 18x9.5 and 18x10 sizes in their EC7 style

Thanks for the tip. Registered.
Sooo want those wheels!

EC7AnthraciteCarR1.jpg

Big question is what street based track worthy tires come in 18 inch sizes that are near stock diameter? I can only think of Rivals.

Domestic Product

Apex are nice, had them on my M-3. Must be a special run as I'm striking out on the web site.
http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-products/Mustang/#.UxqPRMKYZMt

They haven't officially released their Mustang fitment yet. I think one of their vendors is jumping on the ball early and offering a group buy for the first batch coming in. Here's a link: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111386

Also, the wheels pictured are 18x9.5s. The 18x10s have more depth to them and look nicer.

TMO Supporting Vendors