The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Recommendations for dedicated track wheel and tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh yeah several sell I'm sure, but the Primary Distributor is Outperformance Shop in the Dallas area for the 18x10.5 with the 47 offset. He distributes East and West and Cortex is a dealer on the West coast. Griggs Racing are the boys I went through to get the wheels to actually work on the car though.

Whos Sam? I've been out of the car world for a bit trying to get myself some edumacation...

NFSBOSS said:
Welcome to BMO. I have photos of your car that Dan sent me and it looks nice.

Yes Dan from Outperformance and Filip from Cortex ordered the custom wheels. I have not heard of Strano having the custom offset rear wheels but maybe he does.

OH well THANK YOU! Putting these rims on the fronts requires a tad bit of tweaking but simple enough to do. Anyway i'm really glad to see how many Boss owners actually race their vehicles! Great forum with parts, and how-tos!!! I'm glad I was sent this way.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sam Strano has been around for a very long, long time, and is really well known in Autocross Circles ( Past National Champion ). He is a Mustang fanatic and has always been good to deal with for me , Mark Jorgensen ( Woodhouse Motorsports Division Mgr ) and our Dealership. Have no problem at all recommending him.

Update: I finally got the 18x10 Drift wheels and NT01 tires in 275/40/18. I like them better than the Pilot Super Sports I was running before. They for sure seem more consistent, whereas I think I used to overhead the rear PSS tires when I tried to drive "awesomely"

I'm sure they are faster, but it's hard to say how much so. My driving level and knowledge of the track (and mood) are still big enough variables that I wouldn't be able to honestly give lap time comparisons.

That being said, I just ran a 2:37 on a track that I used to do 2:43 on. My guess is maybe that's half tires.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel