The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Recommended Falken 615 track cold / hot PSI?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Pittsburgh PA
I finished my upgrade to square 295’s and went with Falken 615’s. I’ve have one HPDE at which I ran 41 psi hot since that what the Boss supplement said and I’ve run that pressure for 2 years on factory size tires.

I know the Boss is a heavy car but the tires seemed to get greasy quickly on my last HPDE.

Any recommendations on PSI for tomorrow’s TNiA?

Thanks!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I finished my upgrade to square 295’s and went with Falken 615’s. I’ve have one HPDE at which I ran 41 psi hot since that what the Boss supplement said and I’ve run that pressure for 2 years on factory size tires.

I know the Boss is a heavy car but the tires seemed to get greasy quickly on my last HPDE.

Any recommendations on PSI for tomorrow’s TNiA?

Thanks!
That’s way to high for any of the 200tw track tires. Back down to 36 hot and see if they still get greasy right away, and work your way down by 2 psi adjustments. My guess is you’ll settle in around 34 hot.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good info from 67GTA, since it seems to appear most 200 TWR tires live best around the 32-36 range hot. Not always the case but as 67 suggested, good place to start.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
At 41 psi hot, you are making that 295 ‘act more like’ the 255 you were upgrading from. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks everyone. Where’s a good starting point cold (75 deg F day) to end up in 34-36 hot range?

28 psi?
Depends on your humidity and say if you using nitrogen fill. It’s best to chart it yourself. After your first session bleed the tires down to your target hot pressures. See what the pressures and temps are before your next session. Put that on your chart.

Thanks everyone. Where’s a good starting point cold (75 deg F day) to end up in 34-36 hot range?

28 psi?
If you're running Pitt Race. Try this cold and see what happens.
FL 27. FR. 27 1/2
BL 26 1/2. BR 27

Guestimating the 1/2 lbs is not that hard even on a 0 - 60 gauge.

That might put your around 34 up front and 33 in the rear hot.

The reason the cold pressure look weird - Pitt Race is harder on the front left. Turns 4 , 5-6, 12, and 17 are all higher load hard rights. Turns 1-2 and 3 are the high load hard lefts. The rest kind of even out each other. I'm running 305s so a little wider. Your pressures might go up more with 295. Like @Grant 302 said chart your cool and hot pressures.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Cantley

28 psi?
In similar temperatures with 305 wide MPS4S I start at 28-29 and end up with 34 (measured manually) after a session. My TPMS shows 35-36.

TMO Supporting Vendors