The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

red key vs black key.....dyno results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just had the car on the dyno. 100% stock. Did back to back runs with the black key and red key with a short (couple minutes) cool down between the two keys. This was done on a dyno jet. Did three pulls on the black key and then three pulls on the red key.

Black Key

hp: 413
tq: 373

notes: really richened up on the high end. It dropped down to the low 11s. Had the car dyno'd on a different dyno jet back in October and it put down 414 hp....

Trac Key

hp: 421
tq: 376

notes: much flatter afr. Stayed mostly in the mid 12s. Mid range had more power throughout the curve.

I am working on getting the graphs.

How much was the midrange increase in HP? Those are the highest numbers I've seen. 8)

cloud9 said:
What did you do to that bad boy to get those numbers? O/R H?

100% stock......serisouly......down to the rear tire size and stock rotors......I think it has something to do with the fastest color.....

5 DOT 0 said:
How much was the midrange increase in HP? Those are the highest numbers I've seen. 8)

I will see if I can get the graphs up. But it seemed substantial. 10-15 across the midrange.

No I sure didn't. I was so excited to go to the dyno I forgot to bring it. I will next time. I dought I do any more power mods so it will be to see the diff between to two keys.

Dig-It said:
adam81 said:
Those numbers are from a complete stock configuration.
Stock + axle-back exhaust, right? Those are good for a couple hp.

Nope.......completely stock! Down to stock rotors and tire size. Even stock air filter.... I do have JLT oil separator, but I don't think that makes any power :-\

cloud9 said:
Shaun@AED said:
That's very close to what I saw on my dyno.
414 Silver, 418 Red key

STD corrected
What would be a reasonable expectation for gains with a set of Kooks LTs, off road H/X and tune?

4-5lb/min of airflow at 7500RPM is what I've seen with longtubes, full exhaust, CAI, and a Tune. (40-50hp)

TMO Supporting Vendors