The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Red Line Tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many have tried the gas shocks used to raise the hood? Have you had any issues using this product or any other similar products? It was nice to get rid of the prop bar. So far I have to say that is was pretty much straight forward and no drilling.

I use the MRT struts with the supports painted my car color. The hood opens much further and no more prop bar.

Maui
I had red line gas shocks on my Truck b4 I sold it and never had any problems... I have MRT hood struts on now which attach with a bracket and they work great as well.
297954_10150345790763704_514628691_n.jpg

I'm happy with my SBY MRT hood struts.

The instructions mentioned two things had to be moved: the sound tube support (driver side) and the hood vent tube (passenger side). I had to move a third item, a cable which was going down the driver side, to give room for the hood strut when the hood was closed. (Not sure if this is a new-for-2013 thing.)

The sound tube move took the most time.... which is better solved by simply removing the sound tube entirely!

i put them on mine, it was the first mod i did

i had bought them at carlisle for my 12 and never got around to putting them on

redline is the best!

andreas and brian are great guys ( owners of redline )

GOT SVT said:
i put them on mine, it was the first mod i did

i had bought them at carlisle for my 12 and never got around to putting them on

redline is the best!

andreas and brian are great guys ( owners of redline )

I concur. Andreas gave me lots of information as well as mentioned how much they are willing to stand behind the product outside of the warranty. I was curious if I needed to remove them how it is done. I tried but was scared I may screw it up. He mentioned that they are designed to come off but takes quite a bit of work in doing so.

Oh, one thing you rarely see mentioned..... you have to change the way you close the hood. :eek: :eek:

Pre-hood-struts, you could close the hood by dropping it from a height of about 12 inches. A nice satisfying thud.

After the MRT hood struts, dropping the hood leaves the hood open about an inch or two, so you have to press down on the hood to actually latch it closed.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
+1 Redline, when you peel off the sticker, it looks like an OEM part. Also prefer the design w/o the bracket which adds unnecessary weight.

Fordman9870 said:
black ones one sale now

http://www.cjponyparts.com/redline-tuning-hood-strut-kit-quicklift-plus-bolt-in-2005-2013/p/HDGL20/

Great deal, will have to get a set while on sale. Was looking @ the color matched ones from JLT, but at this price the black ones will be fine. Will paint the fender bracket to match, but leave the struts black.

808Boss said:
I had red line gas shocks on my Truck b4 I sold it and never had any problems... I have MRT hood struts on now which attach with a bracket and they work great as well.
297954_10150345790763704_514628691_n.jpg

Jeff, when you have a moment, could you pls post a pic of your MRT install from the front of the car; showing the fender bracket installs. I am also thinking of ordering the MRT's in GHIG. Thanks!

I put the Red Line ones on and they work great. Did anyone notice that when the hood is closed they are pushing the hood up in the center. Its hardly noticeable but I am anal about stuff like that. Maybe they need a little time to break in.

maddog said:
I put the Red Line ones on and they work great. Did anyone notice that when the hood is closed they are pushing the hood up in the center. Its hardly noticeable but I am anal about stuff like that. Maybe they need a little time to break in.

I had Redline Tuning hood struts on my 08 Shelby GT saw nothing like you describe, and I'll bet that I'm more anal about my cars than you. Please share some photos as soon as you can, so we can see what's happening. I plan to install the same on my 2013 GT very soon.

TMO Supporting Vendors