The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 RedemptionGT500 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Manila
Fantastic beast and I know folks will be quite interested to see the tracks you run and if you have any videos in the future , please post. Welcome !!
Thanks Bill! I go to Clark International Speedway. Here's my shakedown video.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Your were definitely shaking it up on your shakedown, ha!! Thanks for sharing Chris, and you gotta love the sound of the Big Snake under full throttle.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Manila
Phillipines, full of history, like Fort Drum and the legacy of the Phillipino soldiers fighting along side GIs in WW2.
Yep, I'm a history nerd.

I trained with the Philipino SF a time or two in Cabanatuan. The base was a few miles from the site of the Japanese POW camp the US Rangers liberated. Good folks and good troops. Good times.
So much history indeed between the US and the Philippines. Our main race track (Clark international speedway) is inside Clark Air Base which is a US military location. An hour away from another strategic naval base Subic. There used to be thousands of soldiers living in these locations. Bowling alleys, diners, etc.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Manila
Dang, that has to be rough for a car guy, but at least you don't have far to drive to get in some track time.
Sad indeed. That's why I keep telling my American friends there to not take it for granted. All the good car parts are available there, shipping there is quick, plenty of racetracks everywhere, and car choices of course both used and brandnew priced cheap (despite dealer markups). For what it's worth, a base GT500 cost 150k USD here. A mustang GT costs 75k USD.. Porsches and Lambos anywhere from 500k to 800k USD.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel