The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Redline mtl now grinding 5th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just switched a couple of weeks ago from the factory fluid to mtl. Does not feel to good putting the stock stuff back in redline doesn't meet factory spec like it use to.

Not sure what's going on but the MTL isn't the problem or that would be happening to many of us. Good luck getting it repaired.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
you could try a barton twin post bracket first. I am doubting that its a shifter issue. probably a failing syncro...the heavier stock fluid was probably masking it

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Redline mtl now grinding 5th

kona768 said:
Going back to the stock fluid, and Ill take it in on the next grind.
Update Put the stock fluid in tonight and drove about 50 miles, much better not one problem.
Only had the Mtl in for about 200 to 300 miles.
I've never had any issues with grinding but I did have the fluid changed at the dealer where they installed the new TSB fluid and I honestly think it's a little quieter now.

TMO Supporting Vendors