The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Redneck engineering in full effect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

and before anyone complains, I consider myself fortunate enough to be born a redneck.
So I'm dismembering a diff and apparently I loaned my bearing puller to somebody on Alpha Centauri and they have yet to return it.. but I have a sledge hammer.. and a T post so..
after carefully measuring the required length of the T post..
f8TInc4l.jpg

stand by to launch..
xZizT9Nl.jpg

and we have bearing removal..
0moJ2fnl.jpg

The other issue is a bit more complex, since this is out of a wrecked car I needed to make sure it was straight, of course, it wasn't it's toe'd out about a 1/4 of an inch according to the official Blacksheep toe gauge..
I have a plan, which involves weaponizing my press, but I won't have time to work on that until I get back from the ROAR, or maybe even the 24 hour, so stay tuned..
VkT82gAl.jpg

6J66zmDl.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
If you use a sledge hammer to fix all areas of automotive repair,.........you might be a redneck, ha! If you do repairs in your front yard because that is where you park your cars, then you definitely are a redneck!

Fun story , and if we see you hanging a shingle near your house that says " Rob's Redneck Repair and Restoration " we will understand. Seriously, thinking outside the box and figuring how to repair things with what is at hand is what race teams want from their crew, since the strangest things can happen at the track. Keep us updated and easy to see why the Phoenix Performance likes having you around on their record winning Team.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel