The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Refused my LS today. Keep it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I hate dealers. All of them. HATE THEM.

Waited 4 months for my 3rd quarter allocation with written, detailed, specific and agreed upon instructions. Please call when the car comes and it gets NO PREP. Nothing. Basically unload it and I'll pay then leave. Simple. They agreed.

So I called the dealer yesterday morning and oh, BTW your car's here. Ok, so they forgot to call, no big deal. Let's go see it.

I get to the dealer at 2:00pm- as soon as I can escape work. The first thing I noticed was all the plastic and window stickers were pealed off? WTF. Then I spot a dirty looking tech sitting in the drivers seat with out the plastic covers- with a sweet pair of greasy pants and equally dirt work boots. Plus, theres a matching grease spot on my new steering wheel. Love it! After removing all the "stuff" I asked them not to take off the car from the trash can it gets better...

They etched the windows. Are you freakin kidding me? All the windows had numbers that were put in the worst possible spots and the bonus... they were all not even close to being straight. Love that, too.

I decided that everytime I look at the car, I'll look at those freakin numbers first and get pissed.

They thought I was crazy when I demanded my money back.

Performance Ford in NJ blows. Morons. The worst.

PS. Frankly I think they were happy to see me walk. They'll put it in the showroom and demand $5-10K over. Not my MSRP deal. F-Them.

I

BLAZN BOSS

cant blame ya.........Your next thing to do for icing on the cake is contact Ford customer care.

I was going to say you were over-reacting until I saw the bit about etching the windows. That's inexcusable.

Sesshomurai

Way to stand up for quality. Good man. What a bunch of idiots. Hope you find a replacement. Keep us posted.

It's only got 1000 miles on it but I dread the day I have to take my Shelby back for it's first oil change due to the filthy service techs. I remember taking my tan leather interior F250 in with the leather wrapped steering wheel. When they finished there was black smuds all over the wheel and a couple on the drivers seat. It looked as if the guy changed the oil, laid on the ground doing so, and then never even wiped his hands off before he moved my truck from the service bay. I took it back and they cleaned it up. I then asked why they didn't use the plastic steering wheel and seat covers like alot of dealers put on when you bring one in. They looked at me like I was crazy. They have been better lately so maybe they tagged my name as a fanatic and that's okay.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
That is just horrible. What was the Serial #?

I wish the dealer wouldnt have every washed my car or touched it. I cant get the dealer installed swirl marks out of the decals. And the paint was all swirled up I fixed that this past weekend.

So they got grease all over the steering wheel?

As the former GM of a dealership, it pisses me off also because idiots like this give dealers a bad name. They took an uncomfortable situation (not calling you) and continued to make it worse upon worse until it turned into a nightmare. The window etching is so far over the top that I have a hard time comprehending that it was a mistake. I think the OP is right, they made the car unacceptable to you so that you would refuse it and they could sell it for a higher price. Maybe that's why they didn't call you when the car came in, they wanted their backup buyer to see it. As was noted, you can find a good dealer somewhere who will sell you the car at MSRP and respect your wishes.

When I bought my Challenger and Boss both, I made it very clear to the dealership (in a polite yet firm way) what I expected of the car when it came in and what I expected in the service department. Both dealerships have treated me like a king and I have my non-warranty work done there as well. There ARE good dealers out there, trust me.

Wow I can't believe they etched the glass, what idiots! There are other LSes available and hopefully you find one soon. Good luck with your search.

My sister's Explorer has the glass etching and the dot things, but it was bought off the lot. I bought my Boss off the lot, but they didn't do anything, even the stupid dealer stickers, because they knew someone buying a Boss wouldn't want one. I actually asked for a dealership license plate frame since I was happy with the purchase. They didn't save any of the plastic and stuff though, but I didn't really care. It is pretty lame that they did the etching, even if it had been a reasonable price, on a car that they know is being bought by an enthusiast.

I usually don't buy into the cloak and dagger stuff, but a few years ago my bro ordered an AMG and they didn't call him when it arrived, he only found out because he friend was on the waiting list for one with similar options and they called him and said he could have it if he paid 20k markup. The description matched my bro's order, so he stopped at the dealer and it was his car but by that point they had already sold it to someone else. Then they tried to keep his deposit because they said he had not picked up the car and that they had called him... it was the day after it arrived. So yeah, sometimes that stuff does happen. BTW don't buy cars from Autoban Motors in CA

My dealer was GREAT, not only did they save all my stuff, and prepped while I waited, they gave me "D" plan on the car saving me $4,500 under MSRP. My license plate bracket was left in the trunk, no buffing, NO BS detail grease on my wheels. JERRY's Ford sales, Alexandria, VA............FTW!

BTW, they have a black LS on the showroom floor.

Justin said:
blk12svt said:
I guess I am stupid, but what the heck is glass etching? I have never heard of it...
they etch a serial number in the glass on all the windows. Anti theft thing supposedly
Have not heard that before either. I do not have any etching on any of my glass.

It was 463, SBY LS. I think they already had another buyer lined up as the GM quickly ran out of the room to get my refund. Scum bag.

I called Ford Customer service and logged a complaint.

Honestly, my interest in the car has fallen off a little. I'm going to keep my powder dry and shop for a while. Maybe something else will come long?

Im currently at the Nasa Nationals and there are a bunch of cool Mustangs here in AI. Theres a full out race SBY 13 Boss in one of the garages. I liked it a Lot! Maybe I'lll ask if its for sale?

blk12svt said:
It's only got 1000 miles on it but I dread the day I have to take my Shelby back for it's first oil change due to the filthy service techs. I remember taking my tan leather interior F250 in with the leather wrapped steering wheel. When they finished there was black smuds all over the wheel and a couple on the drivers seat. It looked as if the guy changed the oil, laid on the ground doing so, and then never even wiped his hands off before he moved my truck from the service bay. I took it back and they cleaned it up. I then asked why they didn't use the plastic steering wheel and seat covers like alot of dealers put on when you bring one in. They looked at me like I was crazy. They have been better lately so maybe they tagged my name as a fanatic and that's okay.

Honestly I would not go anywhere near a Ford service department. Heard way to many horror stories. I do the minor stuff myself (oil changes, brake pads, etc) but for the stuff that is above my comfort level I go to a mechanic that I've known for 10 years. He is meticulous and knows his stuff. He is the only one I would entrust the Boss to. I suggest finding a private mechanic/shop that has a good reputation.

TMO Supporting Vendors