The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

regarding the side exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A lot of boss owners have already removed the discs and love it! I will be removing mine as soon as I get mine!!

Jza1736 said:
A lot of boss owners have already removed the discs and love it! I will be removing mine as soon as I get mine!!
Jza I was just going to say that. I know there's been a lot of talk about dump valves, but frankly at this point, I'm just not seeing a need for me. I've only have it a few days, so it's possible that down the road I'll want to occasionally "tone it down", but right now it sounds just right ;)

MoscowBoss said:
Read on another forum that Quick Time Performance was working with Ford on dump valves for the Boss and confirmed that within 30-60 days they would be available through FRPP.
That's what I was referring to but as cloud9 said I don't think there is going to be a need for them. Welcome to BMO. Do you have your Boss yet and if not what quarter build is it?

MoscowBoss

BOSS 771
NC USA
5 DOT 0 said:
MoscowBoss said:
Read on another forum that Quick Time Performance was working with Ford on dump valves for the Boss and confirmed that within 30-60 days they would be available through FRPP.
That's what I was referring to but as cloud9 said I don't think there is going to be a need for them. Welcome to BMO. Do you have your Boss yet and if not what quarter build is it?
Have a Yellow Blaze ordered with R/T and cover at MSRP. System shows the car as "submitted to plant" which I believe means they have been told to schedule the production. Will have a clear bra, maybe window tint and gauge pack added before delivery. Also have my name on a list for a 13 LS. If they have a black LS with a yellow or gold stripe as I have seen in some photos it would make a great set. ;D

Mark said:
In looking at the photos we have all seen the two bolt flanges and thought Ford would release an electric dump valve. If Ford didn't plan on putting out a product for this application the flange would have three bolts as all of the aftermarket products have three.

Rumor has it that QTP is developing electric cutouts for Ford specifically for the Boss 302

I think there will be a fine balance for me between nothing and 3/16. I need to make a set and experiment with them, gonna start at 1/2 inch. After that I will leave her alone, since I am not going to race should work out well for me.

cloud9 said:
PJWANNABE said:
Man, WITHOUT for sure. It is hard to tell in video, but how loud would you say is the difference in person?
It's significant, and it's awesome. :)

Yep, that vid is good but you need to hear it in person. They did not need to remove the rocker bolt when they yanked mine. Trackey, Trackey, Trackey ............

TMO Supporting Vendors