The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rehagen Racing-great customer service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Some of you may know I installed Steeda SLA front control arms, bumpsteer kit and urethane engine mounts. The combination has given me the EPAS shake under high g loading so the Ford Racing EPAS rack with race programming is the best solution.

I had ordered one from Summit and it turned out that I would not get it in time for Superfest at VIR.

So I sent emails to Capaldi, Amped Performance and Rehagen on Thursday night. Capaldi was out of stock and Amped didn't even reply. Bill Garrett responded at 9am Friday but I didn't see it until 3:30 pm. I logged on and placed the order online and selected 2 day shipping. Bill emailed me at 5:00 saying he was dropping it off at Fed Ex on his way home so Iwould get it Tuesday.

I thanked him and Dean Martin replied that he and some of the guys are coming down to VIR for the event. Really great group, they know ythe cars inside out and have stock of most everything. Just wanted to publicly say thanks and give them a boost on the forum.
Steve

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
EPAS shake is caused by vibrations from the road, wheels and high g loading causing the stock street Mustang programming of the Electric Power Assisted Steering to loe it's mind and start a left/right oscillation of the theering wheel.
Ford has a damping program that tries to cancel out vibrations that would get transmitted through the steering wheel. With urethane or solid rod end bushings on the front control arms along with racing tires too many vibrations overwhelm the sensors and the wheel shakes back and forth. Doesn't change the cars direction but scares the hell out of you. The Ford Racing rack is just a straight power assisted rack with no "force feedback" programming. Terry Fair of Vorschlag Racing has a good write up and you tube video of the problem. He tried many solutions but finally changed the rack to solve it.
I don't know if it happens all the time but I have it so I had to either go back to the jelly bushings or buy the rack.
Steve

Then i had that happen at Summit recently on my third session out from grid. Thought it was another wheel out of balance then it seemed to go away. On my test drive this afternoon there is a slight shimmy left/right in the wheel still. Had me wondering why. I just had a 4 wheel alignment.
I havent changed bushings yet but i am running high g's on slicks. Recommendation?
What is the 'Ford Racing rack'? Nevermind. I got it now.

Is M-3200-EPAS the correct part #?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Dammit. I was hoping the Boss was immune to this issue.

The guys at Rehagen are great to work with and they know more about the ins and outs of these cars than most anybody else

TMO Supporting Vendors