The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Relocation to the Bay area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
Hey Bay area Boss owners. I am moving from SoCal up to Belmont in Sept. I'm going to need recommendations on shops, ties guys, dealer etc, and will most likely be at Laguna Seca.

I've meet a few of the SoCal guys here and look forward to meeting some of ya'll up there.

Cortex is up at Sonoma. They do top notch work, not just install of their products. Highly recommended and their labor rate is very reasonable for the Bay Area.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
South of Belmont is Custom Alignment. They do tires, brakes, suspensions, etc. They've installed Cortex products and Joe the owner runs a Fox body race Mustang along with being on the Tech staff of the local Shelby club. I service my GT500 there as do many of the Shelby members and lots of south bay PCA members.

+1 I agree Cortex up at the track is awesome and I really like Filip, but if you need to get a set of tires done or something a little closer to your home base without the hour+ travel commitment from your base, Custom Alignment would be worth a look. Good Yelp reviews and lots of track guys have their work done there:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/custom-alignment-balance-and-brakes-mountain-view

Bonus- you can ship tires/parts to them directly and then they do the installs. Saves drama if you find deal on something they're going to work on anyway.

There's also Borelli Motorsports and they have experience with Mustangs. If you can swing it there's no better place to go then CorteX for suspension mods. You also have AED in Shingle Springs outside of Sacramento.

My wife grew up in Belmont and it's a nice area and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. As nice as it is I'd much rather live at the beach in San Diego. ;)

The NorCal Shelby club is very active in the Bay Area and they put on a lot of great events including the Mini Nats that several BMO members will be attending this weekend at Sonoma Raceway. You'll be living in track heaven in between Sonoma and Laguna Seca. Enjoy it while you can!

Another vote for Borelli and for Custom Alignment. Custom is mounting my MT Street Compa next week with road force balancer. They did suspension work on my 65' Fastback a few years ago as well.

Bay Area
Sweet thanks for the info.

NFSBoss I'd love to stay here since this is home but I got an opportunity that is too hard to say no to. But I'll be back and forth a lot so I will still get my SoCal fill

Bay Area
Hi guys, well I made it to Belmont. Are they any recommendations on dealers in the area for service? I have to deal with my airbag recall eventually. Thanks in advance.

Bay Area
Well, I think I found my dealer for service. They had a 302S and a GT 40 in the showroom. While I was checking them out the had three, GT350's allowed to them.

FYIW, I would still have any performance upgrades done at Cortex; the work performed is clean with comprehensive knowledge of the S197 chassis and driveline, that's real important to me. Most of what they work on are mustangs. It's a bit more of a drive, but well worth it. That's for performance upgrades. For maintenance, you might as well go to Towne Ford.

You can get excellent work done by Jim and Kevin at Pinnacle Performance in Hollister, and maybe at a better price. They might still be travelling back from the SCCA runoffs in Daytona Beach, but they know their Mustangs. They've built two SCCA Spec Mustangs in the past couple of years plus TONS of work on the Team Shelby guys' cars. They did most of the suspension work on my Bosses.

https://www.facebook.com/Pinnacle-Performance-Motorsport-625279444271748/timeline/

Fat Boss said:
You can get excellent work done by Jim and Kevin at Pinnacle Performance in Hollister, and maybe at a better price. They might still be travelling back from the SCCA runoffs in Daytona Beach, but they know their Mustangs. They've built two SCCA Spec Mustangs in the past couple of years plus TONS of work on the Team Shelby guys' cars. They did most of the suspension work on my Bosses.

https://www.facebook.com/Pinnacle-Performance-Motorsport-625279444271748/timeline/
Yep Kevin's a great guy and easy to get along with and I met Jim at the Do The Screw event last May. They did all the work on Surfergeek's car.

TMO Supporting Vendors