The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Remote control for the GoPro HD camera

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
One cool think I found at VIR - a remote start/stop cable for the GOPRO HD. One of the flaggers at the track had made up a wired remote that lets you start and stop the video without being near the camera itself. This was a great memory/battery savings since we normally have the start up the camera while leaving the paddock and waste 15 mins or so before we get on track. I bought one with an 8' cable and ran it under the hood and into the drivers side window. The cable attaches to the camera via the rear apron socket (actually an IPOD style comnnector) and had a momentary contact plunger-style switch at the drivers end. It's not a mass-produced and 'polished' item, it really looks more like a prototype. But it works.

If anyone is interested please tell Tony you heard it from Pete with the black Boss 302, he'll remember. I get no royalties but I promised I help spread the word for him.

Tony Oldham, [email protected], 434-632-6495

I'll send a pic if anyone wants to see, altough each time I try I get the 'upload folder full' message ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel