The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Remote secondary oil cooler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a 2017 gt350 that has been twin turboed. My oil temps are dangerously high on the track and am looking to install a remote fan driven oil cooler to augment the OEM cooler. I would like to plumb the OEM cooler output to the secondary input. Is this best practice? My thoughts are to locate it next to the transmission or possibly in the rear diffuser area though that seems like a long distance and could create flow/pressure problems. Radiator mounted is not possible due to current intercooler placement and I don’t want to jeopardize inlet and coolant temps that are currently very good. If anyone has thoughts, advise, or experience I would be very grateful! Thanks!
Bill

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Back in the crazy group B rally days of the 80's Audi did this cooler at the rear . I wonder how effective it was..... but I like how Audi could think outside the box.
It would be an interesting protect to take on. :) Oh and btw those Quattro's were insane fast rally cars back in the day.

1595249676780.png

TMO Supporting Vendors