The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Remote Start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maui
I just got my boss last Thursday and was looking at putting in an alarm, either viper or compustar. The guy there asked me if I wanted to put in remote start as an option, I said probably not... Out of curiosity has anyone put in remote start? Would it affect the track key programming if it ever gets approved?

Also anyone installed after market alarms in general for their Boss? Any particular recommendations? Anyone got GPS with their alarm?

Thanks...

808Boss welcome to BMO. I do not have any info to share but some here has probably installed and alarm and remote start. I don't think remote start is very common on a manual transmission but maybe it's been done.

GA
If you put remote start on your with manual transmission, they will have to bypass the saftey that makes you push the clutch in to start. If you leave the car in gear it will remote drive as well, so I wouldn't risk it. I know it can be done because some kid got run over by his own truck on that show, "1000 Ways to Die".

TMO Supporting Vendors