The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Removable Front Fog Light Plates - 2013 Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
It looks like Ford really opened up the 2013 grille compared to the 2012. They have probably been reading this forum. ;)

Thats going to be pretty practical on track days and just plain hot days in general. I think from a visual stand point they look better in rather than out. My opinion though.

I pulled mine this morning too - it took all of 2 seconds.

I think I'm going to paint those bolt heads black though. We get a lot of hot weather here and I anticipate having these out more often than not.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Thanks for posting this. Part of my Boss customization plan is to mount a 2nd GoPro HD2 camera behind the passenger side fog. I realize that mounting it there right up close to the opening will limit the cooling factor, but up here in the NorthEast I'm not going to run into cooling issues as much as I would if I track the Boss in the SouthWest.

steveespo said:
What about the brake duct area? Do the LS cars have brake ducts and is Ford going to issue through Ford Racing?
Steve

Yes, there will be a duct package for the 2013. Apparently it will work nicer than the 2012, in the execution of the package.

The esthetics are terrible with the plates off, looks 'goofy', but when racing maybe there is logic to it.

This may have been discussed elsewhere but is there any possibility in replacing the 'holes' with actual lights? I will be getting the 2013 non-LS model.

1. Are any alterations needed to the grille?
2. Are electrical connections readily available already in the vehicle?
3. What Ford parts are needed?
4. has anyone done this?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Bossfan said:
The esthetics are terrible with the plates off, looks 'goofy', but when racing maybe there is logic to it.

This may have been discussed elsewhere but is there any possibility in replacing the 'holes' with actual lights? I will be getting the 2013 non-LS model.

1. Are any alterations needed to the grille?
2. Are electrical connections readily available already in the vehicle?
3. What Ford parts are needed?
4. has anyone done this?
If its anything like the 12's there is no harness for it. So you would need to get the harness and a headlight switch with the pull out for foglights. As far as the grill having the mounting locations for the brackets I would highly doubt that they are there but I dont have a 13 to check.

TMO Supporting Vendors