The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Removed and added some decals to my Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

And also added many of the 302S suspension pieces which lowered my car about 1/8" in front and 1" in the rear. Two weeks ago I removed my hood decal. Reasons for removing the decal are:

1. I didn't like the orange peel effect from the stock decal
2. I really like the Kona Blue color and wanted to see more of it
3. IMO the hood decal design doesn't flow well with the car
4. I always liked the look of the Laguna Seca model without the hood decal

Then I added some stealth Ford Racing decals just below the Boss 302 on the C stripes and lastly painted the silver wart black and added the LS emblem with Thunderhill and Sears Point track decals.

I present my Laguna Feca. ;)

IMG_0956.jpg
P1030556.jpg
P1030558.jpg
P1030560.jpg
P1030532.jpg
LSEmblem.png
P1030513.jpg

I love the "Laguna Feca", that was good! ;D
I totally agree on the beauty of the Kona Blue color and the hood decal.

Very nicely done!

Are those difficult to remove? And is there any problem with paint/finish underneath?

5 DOT 0 said:
13SBY302 said:
Are those difficult to remove? And is there any problem with paint/finish underneath?
Easy. Just grab a corner and start pulling at about a 160 degree angle back. There was some minor residue and it came off with Goo Gone. No blemishes under the decal.

I wonder if it is any different on the '13s. Since they were having problems with the adhesive (bubbles) and the reflective striping, maybe they decided to Super Glue them on! ;)

13SBY302 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
13SBY302 said:
Easy. Just grab a corner and start pulling at about a 160 degree angle back. There was some minor residue and it came off with Goo Gone. No blemishes under the decal.

I wonder if it is any different on the '13s. Since they were having problems with the adhesive (bubbles) and the reflective striping, maybe they decided to Super Glue them on! ;)
I doubt it.

Thanks fuhrius.

I really like the hood like this. Did you also remove the pony emblem or did you black it out? Either way, the car has a REALLY sinister face now. I like it! Extra track decals on the back look great as well.

Not a big fan of the Ford Racing decals right under the BOSS 302 logo though but... that's personal I suppose.

GA
5 DOT 0 said:
13SBY302 said:

Looks cool, Rick. My faux gas cap did not want to be removed. The two guys were practically hanging off the thing. ;D

Ken I was referring to the hood decal but the faux gas cap came off pretty easy as well. I let the car sit in direct sunlight for an hour and then took my time loosening up the adhesive. The trick is to push up on the cap and down on the edge of the decklid. Below are some photos.

Marco, that's a Cobra Jet grille and does not come with a tri-bar pony emblem. I have one to install but haven't done so and probably won't.

P1030518.jpg
P1030519.jpg
P1030520.jpg

5 DOT 0 said:
Marco, that's a Cobra Jet grille and does not come with a tri-bar pony emblem. I have one to install but haven't done so and probably won't.

Yeah I'd totally leave it the way it is. The lack of the pony logo makes it look really mean and sinister :)

5 DOT 0 said:
And also added many of the 302S suspension pieces which lowered my car about 1/8" in front and 1" in the read. Two weeks ago I removed my hood decal. Reasons for removing the decal are:

1. I didn't like the orange peel effect from the stock decal
2. I really like the Kona Blue color and wanted to see more of it
3. IMO the hood decal design doesn't flow well with the car
4. I always liked the look of the Laguna Seca model without the hood decal

Then I added some stealth Ford Racing decals just below the Boss 302 on the C stripes and lastly painted the silver wart black and added the LS emblem with Thunderhill and Sears Point track decals.

I present my Laguna Feca. ;)

Very nice, Rick.

I added a UA 302S grille to my CO #100 and like the look. Was going to pull black hood tape and body shop mgr said would need a wet sand and buff. Not a big deal if I do.

That Kona Kills me so sweet.

DT

302BOB said:
Rick. get the roof painted blue & you'll be all set............
Oh no. Before I took possession of my car that was one of the first things I was going to do. But I grew to like the white roof very quickly and it's staying. I think it really sets the 2012 Bosses apart from everything on the road (except Mini's ;) ). I understand not everyone likes the accent painted roofs and that's fine.

I almost wish the '13 Boss roofs were painted a contrasting color. I have a '13 GB and put a LS spoiler on it (gloss black). The roof may look cool gloss black as well. I had a CO '12 and people were always tapping on the roof because they thought it was glass :)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
If you're continuing on the Laguna Feca theme, have you thought about doing the mirror covers in white? I've only thought about it because my GT is Kona Blue...and if I go with white striping (not Boss) I was considering going with white on the mirrors.

Looks great as-is, without the hood decal.

TMO Supporting Vendors