The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Removel of the fuel charcoal absorber - what happens?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am looking to remove the OEM fuel charcoal absorber to use the space there otherwise. While checking the space etc.,it looks like there are some sensore attached and therefore I am not sure what would happen if I take the charcoal absorber out, e. g. failure or error codes or just nothing or...?

Does anyone know more about this or perhaps has even done it? I took some picture which might help, it is directly located below the trunk.

2uzxh8w.jpg

308csbq.jpg

3008lxh.jpg

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Heard its worth a few pounds. I asked Steeda about the codes and they didnt have a clue so I left it.

Thanks for all the answers from which the summary is "leave that thing as it is", which is exactly what I will do.

TMO Supporting Vendors