The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Removing Sync emblem from center console

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
Is this emblem just adhered with double stick tape? I'd really like to get it off without marring the console.

I've removed mine when I installed my CF overlay console.
It has two plasic tabs that go through two holes, and they are heat welded on the backside. You have to remove the console, drill the plastic tabs off, and the emblem will pop off, but you'll be left with two small holes.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
Ah, that is really good information because I was about ready to start prying it off. You saved me a major failure. Wonder how much Microsoft had to pay Ford to make it permanent?

When designing the interior and emblem, Ford/Microsoft probably weren't thinking in terms of "permanent" or "temporary".
The pegs on emblems are usually there to ensure all the emblems are centered and placed at their intended locations. If no pegs were involved, then Ford would have to design a template to ensure consistent emblem placement, which probably costs more to design and build the template than to incorporate the emblem pegs/holes in the mold designs. At least this is from manufacturing and design point of view :p.

TMO Supporting Vendors