The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Removing The Grille

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remove the four plastic pins in the front of the grille on top, the four pins on the black plastic radiator cover and remove it. Then removed the two bolts on top between the headlight and grille.

2-1.jpg

Then you will see six tabs on the bottom and two on each side. I started by lifting upward on the bottom tabs and pulling the grille out a little bit but the tabs do not clear the hold downs at this point. I did this since the side tabs are a tad more difficult to release and it helped by not having them snap back in place as you go.

Next pull the two side tabs toward the center of the car and pull the grille forward. One side is off now go to the other side and do the same then release the bottom six tabs fully and you are done. The tabs on the right side are a little harder to get at, I use a long flat head screwdriver taped at the head to avoid damage.
1-1.jpg

Bottom two middle tabs looking down. If you blow up the picture above you will see what I mean by unhooking the tabs.

3-1.jpg

Excellent post.. the 2012 doesnt have the 2 bolts.. just the 8 push pin locks and then the tabs to release.

So Boss

Boss at Vancouver (now Finland)
Thanks for YellowBoss!

With your excellent post I did my grille removal very easily. Put 302S grille as replacement (just bare plastic black, no painting it).

But now I decided to paint 302S grille surroundings to Yellow Blaze.
-does anyone has info on paint code, i.e like Dupont brand?

(Why, my european paint shop didn't found 2011-up Mustang paint codes from his colour program)

So Boss said:
Thanks for YellowBoss!

With your excellent post I did my grille removal very easily. Put 302S grille as replacement (just bare plastic black, no painting it).

But now I decided to paint 302S grille surroundings to Yellow Blaze.
-does anyone has info on paint code, i.e like Dupont brand?

(Why, my european paint shop didn't found 2011-up Mustang paint codes from his colour program)

Yellow Blaze Pearl Tricoat

http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Ford/2012-Ford-Mustang-Yellow-Blaze-Pearl-Tricoat-NQ.html

TMO Supporting Vendors