The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rental Trailers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is my trailer of choice, and all of my neighbors and pretty much everyone in town that owns a hot rod or lowerred car,.. because they are all wanting to borrow it, I've never had to use any type of ramp with it. It is a bit heavy, and one of the aluminum versions would be nice, it also has both axle braked, which is a huge benefit.
The way we tie everything down in the car hauler is by using "R" hooks, these fit into the cars frame and is what most of the factory haulers use, We attach the "R" hooks into the frame, run the straps up and through the tow eyes, then after the car is in the hauler we remove the straps from the tow eyes and attach them to the hauler.
1681820892116.png

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
This is my trailer of choice, and all of my neighbors and pretty much everyone in town that owns a hot rod or lowerred car,.. because they are all wanting to borrow it, I've never had to use any type of ramp with it. It is a bit heavy, and one of the aluminum versions would be nice, it also has both axle braked, which is a huge benefit.
The way we tie everything down in the car hauler is by using "R" hooks, these fit into the cars frame and is what most of the factory haulers use, We attach the "R" hooks into the frame, run the straps up and through the tow eyes, then after the car is in the hauler we remove the straps from the tow eyes and attach them to the hauler.
View attachment 85691
Thank you for the visual. That made sense to what @JDee was talking about. Using a picture from the internet, Im assuming the oval holes marked by the red square is where these hooks would go. I have J(double wire) hooks already so I will just use those for now.B1A2E142-127A-4C84-8314-804BEBC9AEA2.jpeg

Also, even though I am not in the position to buy a trailer, the rollback trailer you linked is definitely and option worth considering when that time comes. I didnt know what "rollback" meant but after watching a few videos, I understand and prefer that than a hydraulic one.

Thank you gentlemen!

Thank you for the visual. That made sense to what @JDee was talking about. Using a picture from the internet, Im assuming the oval holes marked by the red square is where these hooks would go. I have J(double wire) hooks already so I will just use those for now.View attachment 85694

Also, even though I am not in the position to buy a trailer, the rollback trailer you linked is definitely and option worth considering when that time comes. I didnt know what "rollback" meant but after watching a few videos, I understand and prefer that than a hydraulic one.

Thank you gentlemen!
Yep, exactly, we then run the straops to the front bumper tow eye, same with the rear bumper, once that car is on the hauler, you can't access the sides of the car very easily, so we untie the straps from the tow rings and run them to the floor hooks, it sure beats crawling around under the car. The issue with the J hooks is that they can easily fall out, the R hooks are a bit of a pain, but won't fall out when you drive the car onto the hauler

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel