The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Repair Advice Needed Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atrain1975

At long last, I located the source of an annoying rattle. It is caused by the space between the door sill and the triangular plastic side mirror section. I put some folded up masking tape in the gap and it resolved the rattle. Can somebody recommend a better, permanent solution to the tape? I suppose some sort of black adhesive foam would work. Also, does anybody know whether it is easy / possible to remove the triangular mirror section so that I can put the foam / material in place?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Alex

I had a similar issue on my GT500 and I took it to the dealer and they replaced the mirror under warranty. It wouldn't stay put basically. I'm assuming the attachment clips were worn/broken.

Yep...Ford should take care of any rattles under warranty. That's what it's for, and you'll have piece of mind knowing there aren't any flaws in your new beauty.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel