The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Replaced O2 sensor and still getting a P0141 code on 2012 Boss. Any thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Pittsburgh PA
I had a PO 141 code pop up on my last track day and finally got around to putting a new O2 sensor in the downstream passenger side location. Hoping the code would go away before I put away for the winter but still getting a code.

Didn’t know if anyone had similar experience. I could always put away for the winter but it’ll be nagging at me in my brain. LOL

DA5A158A-DFEF-4F60-A3F2-0A508ECF5A74.jpeg

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
So with mine I was blowing fuses and getting o2 codes but it ended up being the o2 wiring harness was rubbing the header and melted through causing code readings. The sensor was fine. Check the wire routing and secure with tie wraps. I missed it the first time I checked cause it's hard to see down there, much easier up on a hoist from underneath .

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Pittsburgh PA
Carver:

I’ll check out the harness, good call.

I checked the owners manual and couldn’t find which fuse feeds the O2 sensors. I’ll have to search the interwebs, but do u recall which fuse u were blowing?

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Almost sure It was #49 ( under the hood fuse panel ) and it was the passenger side wires that melted / shorted. I hope you can figure it out. I am terrible with sorting electrical gremlins and they can be so frustrating but I was lucky with mine cause it was easy to spot from the bottom up !! :)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Pittsburgh PA
In the rare instance anyone is interested LOL, just took the boss for one last drive to change oil get the engine warmed up and I now have no error code.

Puttin’ it away now while I’m ahead ( I think).

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Pittsburgh PA
For future reference, I found a short to ground on the white and orange wire from the top PCM connector to the 1-2 (passenger downstream)O2 sensor heater.
If I push on the rear of the harness circled in red by the air conditioning compressor, I was able to induce a short repeatedly. This spot is relatively away from the exhaust, so I think is vibration causing wire chafing.

Due to the fact this harness sort of way the f out of the way and hard to access, I’ll be abandoning in place the orange and white wire and running a separate wire from the 1-2 O2 sensor heater to the PCM connector.

Car only has 5k miles most to from and at the track, so that kinda stinks.

Anyway, I hope no one has the same problem, but if u do, look here first.

297825D9-D2FE-4BF2-83CE-82382DB33C3B.jpeg

ECFCF8AB-8B22-4A7F-B6CE-290A7CAB8118.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel