The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Replacement RED KEY - where to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently purchased a 2013 Boss 302 that did not come with the TracKey. I purchsed the flash voucher from Levittown Ford and received it today. Silly me (I guess), but I thought I would be receiving the actual "RED KEY" along with the infomation voucher to take to a local dealership for the software update.

I called Ford Racing and they told me I could go online to www.trackey.ford.com and order just the key. The tech I spoke to told me that under the FAQ section on that website that there would be instructions on how to order a replacement red key.

For the life of me, I cannot find anything on Ford Racing's website about replacing the Red Key.

Any help out there on how to go about actually getting the Red Key? I need to have the key with me at the dealer when I get my Boss flashed....

Thank you!

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
CooG302 said:
I recently purchased a 2013 Boss 302 that did not come with the TracKey. I purchsed the flash voucher from Levittown Ford and received it today. Silly me (I guess), but I thought I would be receiving the actual "RED KEY" along with the infomation voucher to take to a local dealership for the software update.

I called Ford Racing and they told me I could go online to www.trackey.ford.com and order just the key. The tech I spoke to told me that under the FAQ section on that website that there would be instructions on how to order a replacement red key.

For the life of me, I cannot find anything on Ford Racing's website about replacing the Red Key.

Any help out there on how to go about actually getting the Red Key? I need to have the key with me at the dealer when I get my Boss flashed....

Thank you!

call FRPP at (800) FORD788.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
the silver key is $109 and i ordered it here:

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/oemparts.php?partstr=123/164R8020.html

BTW, there is nothing physically different between a Red Key and a Silver Key, other than the color of the emblem. If you have an unprogrammed silver key, it can be programmed to be the TracKey.

coboss said:
BTW, there is nothing physically different between a Red Key and a Silver Key, other than the color of the emblem. If you have an unprogrammed silver key, it can be programmed to be the TracKey.
I thought there was a different chip in it?

NFSBOSS said:
I thought there was a different chip in it?

The system uses Ford's MyKey technology

I think I know the answer, but I'm not saying just in case I'm wrong

I have purchased both a spare silver and a spare red key from my dealer

Both keys come blank, will need to be cut and programmed

However, according to my service tech, it appears that only one TracKey can be programmed at any given time (although we're not 100% certain, so I hope I'm not spreading bad information)

Anyhow, each original owner should have been given 2 IKT's (integrated keyhead transmitters) one silver and one red

Also, each original IKT should have come with an individual security tag listing the part number, FCC ID, and key cut information

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
However, according to my service tech, it appears that only one TracKey can be programmed at any given time (although we're not 100% certain, so I hope I'm not spreading bad information)

I purchased a second red key and had it programed. Unfortunately only one key can be programed at a time. The dealer gave me the key at no cost. Their mistake. It does function as a silver key only.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel