The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Repost: Kona Blue is Gone Baby Gone!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Repost from another forum, but it is important enough to get the word out.

Just got a call from my dealer (Jordan Ford, San Antonio) and he told me that Kona Blue is gone, because of the earthquake in Japan. He said if it isn't already built, it won't be. Furure orders (like my Q3), will not be honored in that color.

He said Sonic Blue would be replacing Kona.

I really want Kona. I have a Q3 allocation that I might be able to trade. I have not told the dealer the new color that I want. If anybody knows of a Kona Blue just sitting on a lot, let me know. I'll only buy with Recaro/Torsen and at MSRP, so I don't know what kind of chance I have, but it is far and away my first choice of color.

Anybody else get a call like this?

Jimmy

I'll take Kona or Sonic but I think I'd rather have Kona. It really won't matter as long as my car is here before the Laguna Seca race in July. I better call my dealer and let him know it's not an issue.

Wow...Kona blue is currently listed for a good chunk of the Ford car and truck lineup. I can't find any sonic blue.

GA
Great, another reason for dealers to charge more ADM on a Kona Boss. All you dudes with Kona Blue better go out right now and snatch up some extra touch-up paint.

Bring back Sterling Gray! ;D

There is a Kona Blue with Recaros arriving at Advantage Ford in Stuart, Florida in about 2 weeks. The window sticker is on the Ford.com website if you search for that dealer's inventory. Zip is 23994. I checked, they are selling at MSRP. Ask for Harry Sepulveda, the asst. sales manager.

roamer said:
There is a Kona Blue with Recaros arriving at Advantage Ford in Stuart, Florida in about 2 weeks. The window sticker is on the Ford.com website if you search for that dealer's inventory. Zip is 23994. I checked, they are selling at MSRP. Ask for Harry Sepulveda, the asst. sales manager.

I'm after a Kona Blue and I have called twice about that car - once to Brian (sales manager) and once to Joe (salesman). Joe promises that he is trying to make it happen for MSRP. I'm supposed to hear back in about an hour (he hadn't gotten to work yet). I guess I'll wait for his call, before I reach out to somebody else at that dealer! Anybody know the contact info for the porters? ;D

Seriously, thanks for the contact. It's the generous forum community that is helping to make this happen for me (and others). Thanks! I'll let you know what happens.

Jimmy

5 DOT 0 said:
I suspect many dealers advertising online with MSRP will add ADM when you call. Good luck!

After my experiences yesterday, I know this to be a fact. Even in this case, I have had three guys pass along contact info from this dealer. In each case, they say their contact says they are sure it is MSRP. However, as soon as I am on the phone, they are digging their toe in the ground and saying, "Well, you know we aren't making very much on these cars..."

Whatever. It will work-out, or it won't. If it doesn't, I'll just get a white one and wear blue-tinted sunglasses, so when I walk out my front door - tah-dah - blue car! ;D

Jimmy

Jimmy Pribble said:
5 DOT 0 said:
I suspect many dealers advertising online with MSRP will add ADM when you call. Good luck!

After my experiences yesterday, I know this to be a fact. Even in this case, I have had three guys pass along contact info from this dealer. In each case, they say their contact says they are sure it is MSRP. However, as soon as I am on the phone, they are digging their toe in the ground and saying, "Well, you know we aren't making very much on these cars..."

Whatever. It will work-out, or it won't. If it doesn't, I'll just get a white one and wear blue-tinted sunglasses, so when I walk out my front door - tah-dah - blue car! ;D

Jimmy
Sunglasses or not, white is kickin'.....

Re: my BOSS 302 and the sound?

konabossgirl said:
As I understand it there is a plate that was installed to keep the exhaust noise
to a minimum..... If I am right about this....
Can someone tell me how to
remove it?
[email protected]
Welcome to BMO. If you want to tune the sound you can purchase different sized discs, see below.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=3663.0

IDK why this is going under "Kona Blue is gone" = haha as mine is a Kona Blue. It is my Baby!
As to removing these restrictor plates... could this have any reflection on my warranty/ insurance?
I want that noise, the sound it should have.

konabossgirl said:
IDK why this is going under "Kona Blue is gone" = haha as mine is a Kona Blue. It is my Baby!
As to removing these restrictor plates... could this have any reflection on my warranty/ insurance?
I want that noise, the sound it should have.
No issues with the warranty. Pull the discs and if it's too loud you can pick up some larger discs.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel