The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

RetiredDP Build Thread Profile - EV Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome again and glad to see you were able to post in the " Build Thread." I am sure quite a few of us are going to watch how you do against the Musky bunch -- your EV definitely looks a lot better ,ha! One question I have is why are you running Generals , is that because there are not many tires available in your size presently. Best of luck and hopefully we will meet someday at the Solo Nationals in Lincoln,Nebraska.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Camino, CA
Welcome again and glad to see you were able to post in the " Build Thread." I am sure quite a few of us are going to watch how you do against the Musky bunch -- your EV definitely looks a lot better ,ha! One question I have is why are you running Generals , is that because there are not many tires available in your size presently. Best of luck and hopefully we will meet someday at the Solo Nationals in Lincoln,Nebraska.
Neither of my preferred tires, the Pilot Sport 4 EV, or the P-Zero Elect, are available at all, or in 275 mm. I've preferred RE-71R's in the past, but don't think the 71's will hold up to a near-5,000 lb. load in competition...they only lasted 13,000 miles on my Focus RS. Cup-2's only lasted 10,000 miles. Consumer Reports rated the Generals in 3rd place after Pilot Sport 4s and P-Zeros for summer performance tires, due to the G-Max's harder rubber (they came in 1st in wet braking, due to the harder rubber). Oh, and did I mention that they were $196 each at the time of purchase (vs $376 and $358 for the Pilots and P-Zeros)? And were the only ones available in 275 mm. It was a price/performance decision...we'll see.........

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Understood and please keep us posted on the runs and hopefully there will be some more competitive rubber later on. Assume you are running in a stock Class since there are some stickier rubber donuts out there --- like the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R.
It will be interesting to see how SCCA breaks down the EV Classes as the years progress. If you go to a Street Prepared Class in the future the Hoosiers seem to take the weight pretty well, as there were Teslas at the Nationals running super quick.

TMO Supporting Vendors