The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Returned the car to Trackey stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Some of you may have been following along to my E85 dyno thread. Well its numbers had me return it to stock so I could dyno it in bone stock form. The idea is I am going to dyno it silver key/trackey/steeda tunes(with CAI)/aed 93 tunes (with CAI)all the same day.

I will say that driving it in stock condition.......my god the trackey makes the car feel DEAD! the decel is nice though I do miss that and the popping on decel. I took my buddy for a ride said he felt like I was driving with the parking brake on compared to how it was with E85. and I agree.

I cant wait to get it on the dyno and see some before and afters. Wish I would have had a back up of that JLP tune to throw into the mix but it was erased when I loaded other tunes on it.

Justin

zero said:
what about the AED tune for decel snap crackle pop :D
we tried a few versions and he can get a fraction of the decel but nothing like the trackey decel. and he can get the crackle but its not the same. car sounds completely different stock vs AED or Steeda tune.

Sesshomurai

Look forward to the results Justin. Another curiosity would be comparing E85 to 100/110 sunoco race fuel.

Justin

is that a place to order some? really I will already be making around 9-10 pulls costing me 100 dollars. so for now I think my testing session will be plenty

Sesshomurai

Justin said:
is that a place to order some? really I will already be making around 9-10 pulls costing me 100 dollars. so for now I think my testing session will be plenty

I will do a 93 octane stock motor w/trackey vs. 100/110 next time I'm at a NASA event with a dyno. next month I think. To compare. Just not sure if the engine needs to be tuned for 100/110 though...or if trackey already can detect it.

Justin

well shaun sent me a tune for the stock CAI. So I hope to put to bed the "CAI isnt worth any power debate".

the car will be ran soaking hot in all the runs...no ice downs and no tricks like I think the mags do. Just to rule the shitty gas out that I get around here I will be running a bottle of torco fuel additive to raise the octane.

So here is the list of tunes to be ran

Stock
Trackey
AED w/ Stock CAI
Steeda Reg Idle w/steeda boss CAI
Steeda Lopey Idle w/steeda boss CAI
AED 93 Performance w/steeda boss CAI
AED 93 Lopey Idle w/steeda boss CAI
AED 93 Drag w/Steeda Boss CAI

All test will be ran with Magnaflow Comp Cat back in place.

I think I will buy a hero 2 or similar to record the whole thing and have someone edit it for me as I dont know how to do that. Any takes on the editing?

I will do this test again at some point at the drag strip.

Justin

darreng505 said:
Justin said:

I will do a 93 octane stock motor w/trackey vs. 100/110 next time I'm at a NASA event with a dyno. next month I think. To compare. Just not sure if the engine needs to be tuned for 100/110 though...or if trackey already can detect it.
I think a tune would be in order to get the benefits of the higher octane. a KAM relearn prior to testing will help out I think I will be doing it for my testing session

Dyno Runs are pretty short, so as soon as its over shut the camera off, and start it up right before the run... that way you have "Sections" to work with and put together into a single video if you want, or if you want to keep them separate your work is already done for you.

If you have a MAC, iMovie is the best "editing software" that is cheap/free.

Looking forward to seeing your results!

MA
Justin,

This sounds awesome. Can't wait to see results!

Are you running pump/torco with the AED tunes as well as testing Shaun's tunes with corn?

Sorry, just a little confused here. Lol

Justin

yes for the AED tunes I will be running the same tank of fuel 93 Sunco/torco.

The process to switch to E85 isnt one that I can do quickly on a dyno.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Hey bud, I can help you out with the editing. Once you capture all the raw footage. If you are running low on funds, consider getting the original Hero camera that 'only' records at 720p. I have to tell you after borrowing my buddies camera and experimenting with all the settings, 720p is fine for I'd say at least 70-80% of most motorsports or 'consumer grade' recording. Sure if money is no object and you have all the SD cards, editing PC, storage array etc, shoot 1080p all the time. But for the rest of us, 720p is good.

You can check out the Replay camera too;

http://replayxd.com/

They also have a cheaper model as well. The 'fish eye' effect is much less pronounced than the GoPro, and they also have better audio quality according to a lot of reviews I've read. Because of the smaller size, this model is also suitable as a helmet cam, which I'm considering for my Track Attack event next year. Something to consider...

Sesshomurai

ace72ace said:
Hey bud, I can help you out with the editing. Once you capture all the raw footage. If you are running low on funds, consider getting the original Hero camera that 'only' records at 720p. I have to tell you after borrowing my buddies camera and experimenting with all the settings, 720p is fine for I'd say at least 70-80% of most motorsports or 'consumer grade' recording. Sure if money is no object and you have all the SD cards, editing PC, storage array etc, shoot 1080p all the time. But for the rest of us, 720p is good.

You can check out the Replay camera too;

http://replayxd.com/

They also have a cheaper model as well. The 'fish eye' effect is much less pronounced than the GoPro, and they also have better audio quality according to a lot of reviews I've read. Because of the smaller size, this model is also suitable as a helmet cam, which I'm considering for my Track Attack event next year. Something to consider...

I use these cameras. Cheap. Easy to use. Petite (unlike the huge bulky hdpro with gigantic mounting arm) and portable. Works great. Also, weatherproof. Sorry for the offtopic post though.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Well it's related to the topic to choose the best method to deliver the dyno results, so it's all good.

TMO Supporting Vendors