The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rice racer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MakeMyDay said:
5 DOT 0 said:
MakeMyDay said:
No. Maybe the thread could be renamed American Patriotism 101. Are you big on eating rice?
So eating rice is unpatriotic? I happen to live in one of the largest rice producing regions in the world. Many parts of Asia covet the rice grown here. And guess what? It's in the USA. ;)
5dot

Not at all. I realize that the US is a huge producer of rice. As you're probably aware rice is grown in vast amount the great state Louisiana where I have many friends. I was speaking metaphorically to the poster. I interpreted that post as a swipe against the US. No offense to you. Please accept my apologies if you mistook my post.

Regards,

MMD
No worries, sorry if I misinterpreted your comment.

5 DOT 0 said:
302BOB said:
Thank GOD for my Boss built in the good ole U S of A!
And a bunch of the parts come from outside the good ole U S of A including China. ;) I thought the wheels were made in China???

FYI there's no need to be bashing cars not made in the USA so please keep this discussion relevant.
I have broken, bought spares or replaced stock parts with after-market parts on my Boss from the following countries already:

Turkey, India, Italy, Brazil and Mexico and I haven't even looked that hard. I wonder how many countries manufactured components for our car?

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
302BOB said:
Thank GOD for my Boss built in the good ole U S of A!
And a bunch of the parts come from outside the good ole U S of A including China. ;) I thought the wheels were made in China???

FYI there's no need to be bashing cars not made in the USA so please keep this discussion relevant.
I have broken, bought spares or replaced stock parts with after-market parts on my Boss from the following countries already:

Turkey, India, Italy, Brazil and Mexico and I haven't even looked that hard. I wonder how many countries manufactured components for our car?
Interesting comment Cloud. If I can recall correctly, I think all manufacturer's are required by law to post the percent of content manufactured in the U.S. Could you take a look at your Window Sticker and tell me what is says for U.S. production content for the Boss. I have not received my window sticker yet otherwise I would have looked this up myself.

Thanks,
MMD

Dvendet

CaliMR said:
Parts content from US and Canada combined: 55%

Tranny is china, Engine is US, final assembly is US

As per my sticker
Cali - The 302 engine is manufactured in Windsor, Ontario.

Dvendet

5 DOT 0 said:
CaliMR said:
Parts content from US and Canada combined: 55%

Tranny is china, Engine is US, final assembly is US

As per my sticker
So our Boss 302's are imports! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Only 45% of the car is. The question is will this number go up or down in the future?

Dvendet

cloud9 said:
A more interesting question might be what percentage of our car was designed and engineered in the US. ;)
Well from everything I read this number, whatever it may be, can only go down as fewer and fewer Americans are studying the hard sciences like engineering, math, and physics.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
read an article a while back. everyone wants big paying office jobs and not many are into trades anymore...that was the jist of the article. said thats why nothing is "made in america" like it used to be.

GA
I think the standard 5.0 engines are made in Canada, and the Boss 5.0 engine with the unique parts is assembled in the US.

Dvendet

PJWANNABE said:
I think the standard 5.0 engines are made in Canada, and the Boss 5.0 engine with the unique parts is assembled in the US.
Hmmm.the book that Ford gives you (the boss owners package) about the history of the old and new Boss indicates the motor for the Boss is manufactured in Windsor and shipped to the AAI facility. This book was written by a very realiable author Don Farr. I can get the page number if you wish. Do you have a copy of this book?

MakeMyDay said:
cloud9 said:
A more interesting question might be what percentage of our car was designed and engineered in the US. ;)
Well from everything I read this number, whatever it may be, can only go down as fewer and fewer Americans are studying the hard sciences like engineering, math, and physics.
I'm thankful my two boys are engineering majors.

Dvendet

boss2511 said:
read an article a while back. everyone wants big paying office jobs and not many are into trades anymore...that was the jist of the article. said thats why nothing is "made in america" like it used to be.
There are so many Americans looking for work now I bet people would run to their nearest factory to get a trades job if they were only available. This country needs a lot more manufacturing as well as trades type jobs. I'll never ever think or believe that Americans are generally lazy. I just can never accept this belief. Americans want to work. The work is not there to be had.

MakeMyDay said:
PJWANNABE said:
Hmmm.the book that Ford gives you (the boss owners package) about the history of the old and new Boss indicates the motor for the Boss is manufactured in Windsor and shipped to the AAI facility. This book was written by a very realiable author Don Farr. I can get the page number if you wish. Do you have a copy of this book?

And I posted the sticker from the car. Ford would get in trouble if they lied on the sticker, and given everyone and their grandma loves Windsor engines I doubt that is what they would lie about when they also have a Chinese tranny in it.

2511, I think it depends where you live. Out here everyone is looking for a handout. Especially the younger people. There was a study that showed how young people refuse to work for companies that don't let them access Facebook while on the clock...

Yes and part of the reason for this is because our American companies have outsourced some of the work that can be done here by americans looking for work.

Dvendet

cloud9 said:
MakeMyDay said:
cloud9 said:
I'm thankful my two boys are engineering majors.
That's impressive Cloud. You and your wife are truly blessed and this says a lot about the household environment you provided your family. They will be challenged and rewarded in their chosen careers. I wish them well. I too am an engineer and have been for over 30 years. Looking forward to retiring at the end of this year so I can spend some quality time in my yet to be built/delivered Boss.

Regards,
MMD

Dvendet

CaliMR said:
MakeMyDay said:
PJWANNABE said:

And I posted the sticker from the car. Ford would get in trouble if they lied on the sticker, and given everyone and their grandma loves Windsor engines I doubt that is what they would lie about when they also have a Chinese tranny in it.

2511, I think it depends where you live. Out here everyone is looking for a handout. Especially the younger people. There was a study that showed how young people refuse to work for companies that don't let them access Facebook while on the clock...
Cali - read the caption to the upper right hand picture on page 134 in the book "Mustang Boss 302-From Racing Legend To Modern Muscle Car" by Don Farr and tell me what it says.

Your comments about the up and coming generation truly sadden me. The problem I believe is my generation spoiled our children terribly when we raised them. My generation worked so hard for our kids and we all wanted them to have a better life than what we had when we grew up. The problem we created was we did not teach them the importance of the American work ethic. We failed our kids by making everything too easy for them. How terribly sad.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel