The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rims and Tires Opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After over 20,000 miles several track days (3) and a couple autocross events it was time to put away the factory tires. I even decided the factory rims can go too. Those I plan to use as an emergency set if needed.

Thank you to members of BMO and Luke from Tire Rack, I've purchased a set of Enkei PF01's and a set of BF Goodrich g-force Rivals. Since I am not dedicating the car to the track, I wanted something that still gave me street availability with added traction.

In addition I also purchased the Eibach Pro Kit to lower the car some to not only help with handling but give the right "look" with the added rims/tires.

I know many will have their various opinions and I'm welcome to them.

I am hoping I will enjoy this setup much more than the factory setup and slowly work my way into other types of tires and mods for the track.

SUPRMN said:
After over 20,000 miles several track days (3) and a couple autocross events it was time to put away the factory tires. I even decided the factory rims can go too. Those I plan to use as an emergency set if needed.

Thank you to members of BMO and Luke from Tire Rack, I've purchased a set of Enkei PF01's and a set of BF Goodrich g-force Rivals. Since I am not dedicating the car to the track, I wanted something that still gave me street availability with added traction.

In addition I also purchased the Eibach Pro Kit to lower the car some to not only help with handling but give the right "look" with the added rims/tires.

I know many will have their various opinions and I'm welcome to them.

I am hoping I will enjoy this setup much more than the factory setup and slowly work my way into other types of tires and mods for the track.

Great choice! I will be going with the exact same setup, but still waiting the rivals in 295/35-18 to arrive to tire rack, front will be 275/35-18.

What sizes did you go with? Your new setup still in process?

Excellent choice and I look forward to your feedback on the Rivals. I will buy a set as soon as my Hankook RS3's wear out.

13Boss#3328 said:
Great choice! I will be going with the exact same setup, but still waiting the rivals in 295/35-18 to arrive to tire rack, front will be 275/35-18.

What sizes did you go with? Your new setup still in process?

Believe it or not, I went with 295/35-18 rears and 275/35-18 in the front. So if that's what your looking for THEY are IN! Give Luke a call (extension 4362) and ask him about them.

SUPRMN said:
Believe it or not, I went with 295/35-18 rears and 275/35-18 in the front. So if that's what your looking for THEY are IN! Give Luke a call (extension 4362) and ask him about them.

Shut the front door! I spoke with them today and one guy said that the 295 will be in sometime in early August. Lol

Will call them tomorrow though

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel