The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

RIP Paul Walker and Roger Rodas (WC Boss 302S driver)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Harris on the subject.

DON'T DEMONISE THE CARRERA GT: PH BLOG

Harris on the post Paul Walker Carrera GT debate, hypercars and the portayal of fast driving

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29008

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
it bothers me that two guys who knew how to drive and had access to a racetrack WHENEVER they wanted, chose to be stupid on a city street. There really just isn't an excuse and with so many kids out there, when you are a role model, you really do have to be a role model. Take it to the track...

Yeah, i step on the gas once in a while but with the debris field in the photos that i have seen, they were way over the posted limit on that street. It just makes me sad.

In Switzerland a memory run has been organised.
Unfortunately due to the fact that too many cars attended it has been cancelled
3000 to 4000 cars showed up!
And I am sure that could (has) happen in other countries!
Sorry it's in French
http://www.rts.ch/info/regions/autres-cantons/5438791-cortege-motorise-en-hommage-a-paul-walker-victime-de-son-succes-en-suisse.html

Just an observation and information to all. Some street speeds are limited by the road surface condition and smoothness. I know I've driven roads that were so rough, I wouldn't want to drive it any faster than the posted speed limit. Surface streets are not paved to handle the high speeds, even the wide and straight ones. I'm wondering if there was some dip/bump/undulation in the street that when driven the speed limit was OK, but when driven at high speed, upset the car to make it extremely loose or partially air born, causing the sudden loss of control. This is sheer speculation, but a cautionary tale to keep the speed on the track.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
There is some speculation in one article that i read that the bumpy white and yellow lane markers were the cause. At 100MPH, wouldn't surprise me.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel