The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

RIP Paul Walker and Roger Rodas (WC Boss 302S driver)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08-world-challenge-lb-2013.jpg

This is very bad news. Actor Paul Walker and WC Boss 302S driver, Roger Rodas, were killed yesterday in a car accident. Specifically, Mr. Rodas was driving his new Porsche Carrera GT and Mr. Walker was his passenger. By all accounts, Paul Walker was a warm and genuine human being, as well as an authentic gear-head. As you will see, details of the crash are disturbing and worth commenting upon, but please try to be respectful. The life rule of don't be an a-hole applies. My condolences go out to the family and friends of Mr. Walker and Mr. Rodas. I feel like there is a chance that some people on this board might have met Mr. Rodas at World Challenge races.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/30/showbiz/actor-paul-walker-dies/

The need for speed can be deadly, as in this case. Looking at the pics of the accident scene they didn't have much of a chance to survive. I know first hand how this can happen. I totaled my '04 GT in a split second but was able to limp away with only a fractured leg....Paul & Roger weren't as fortunate. RIP....... :(

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
It was a single car. Sounds as if Roger lost control and took out a light pole before wrapping it around a tree. I read this car was Graham Rahal's before Roger's and he said it was a handful to drive.

This is very sad...my heart felt condolences go out to the family and friends of Roger & Paul. I cannot comment on Roger but by all accounts, Paul was an even better person than he was an actor. His contributions to the world and big screen will be missed.

One can only hope that this tragic accident will bring aditional awareness to the dangers of driving at high speeds on public roads. If it can happen to a professional driver (in what appears to be good conditions) then it can happen to anyone, including you and me.

To my friends and fellow BMO members - enjoy your cars but please save the high levels of performance our cars are capable of for the track.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
And of course, then there's the people who always think it's a conspiracy. :-(
http://thelibertydigest.com/2013/12/01/allegations-of-foul-play-surface-in-death-of-fast-and-furious-star-paul-walker/

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Sad to see them go but a crash of that magnitude can only be caused by some seriously irresponsible driving. I'm sure we've all done some stupid things on the street, too. Luckily nobody else was hurt or killed, unlike the recent crash where this other guy was doing 100+ weaving in and out of traffic, lost control, went through the median and killed another driver and himself: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/18/thomas-howard-dies-car-crash-nfl_n_4299242.html

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
unrealford said:
And of course, then there's the people who always think it's a conspiracy. :-(
http://thelibertydigest.com/2013/12/01/allegations-of-foul-play-surface-in-death-of-fast-and-furious-star-paul-walker/

That article is so far off base, it's not worth the words to debate.

Two fine guys who like most of us, love great, fast cars. I am saddened by both of their losses.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
TymeSlayer said:
That article is so far off base, it's not worth the words to debate.

Two fine guys who like most of us, love great, fast cars. I am saddened by both of their losses.
Agree 100‰

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I just saw a commercial for the DVD/Blu-ray for Fast and the Furious 6. They are advertising that part of the proceeds will be donated to Paul Walker's charity, Reach Out Worldwide. While this is a nice gesture, they should do that anyways.

Really sucks that after this incident people are saying the CGT is a dangerous car, as if people didn't already know that it was a monster.

NFSBOSS said:
I agree. Roger and Paul knew as well as anyone what they were driving. No way the CGT just crashed by itself driving 45 in a 45 and then burst into flames.

Heard from my wife that they think the power steering fluid was leaking, thought that stuff was pretty flammable, though I haven't read all of the articles that have come out recently about how they think it all happened.

TMO Supporting Vendors