The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Road America - M cars, P cars and Z cars oh my!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JScheier said:
Great... 16 hour tow and now you guys are trying to put the fear of God in me.

Nice

;)
Don't worry, that fear is gone once you leave the pits and you enter the red mist. Wait, maybe that's the problem :p

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Don't worry, that fear is gone once you leave the pits and you enter the red mist. Wait, maybe that's the problem :p

I'll have to dig out my OEM spare rotors to bring just in case... although I don't appear to use as much brake as some people :)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
John,

Won't be able to make it due to committments , but ran this track alot years ago, and you may be easier on the brakes than some ( bet that is a reference to Gary and I, hehe), but you will need extras, so bring your spare rotors. You know how fast Gary is and he may not have any left to let you borrow!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Bill Pemberton said:
John,

Won't be able to make it due to committments
Slacker!

but ran this track alot years ago
did you have to re-shoe the horse? ;D

and you may be easier on the brakes than some ( bet that is a reference to Gary and I, hehe), but you will need extras, so bring your spare rotors. You know how fast Gary is and he may not have any left to let you borrow!

I'm guessing that it's probably as fast as COTA or TWS... and my brakes survived those (and are still going). I'll bring my original rotors (only off the car because ya'll made me feel guilty) and an extra set of pads. If I don't need them, I'm gonna make ya'll ship them back home for me :)

Just need to figure out tires now. I know Gary is going to load up on Purple Crak... Not sure if I want to do the same or try out some Pirelli Spaghetti this time around.

F.D. Sako said:
Great driving!
Really enjoyed that vid and will be waiting for the rest.
Thanks F.D. Here's one from Friday afternoon in a Conga line with several Porsches and a GT-R.

http://youtu.be/AgVnnY0CsH8

This was a fun one with a lot of cars including a real live old school Boss 302 on the track where it belongs. There's also a nice collection of Porsches, GT-Rs and Z06s. The Boss just felt ridiculously fast this session. It was a good session for the angry Boss to eat :)

Hopefully John will post up some video so we can see some of the other cars that were there. It was a huge field with well over 100 cars participating.

http://youtu.be/Aib98vDguhs

cloud9 said:
This one shows a lot more traffic. There's a really fun battle with a Fall-Line Motorsports 911. We tangled most of the session but he got a little loose in 6 later in the video. Rick is going to have to help me identify which models all the other P cars are in the video.

http://youtu.be/kyyR7RRORRA
That was fun watching you carve those guys up. The silver Fall-Line car is hard to tell but it had a GT3 RS or Cup car wing on it. The white one in this video had turbo vents in front of the rear wheels or at least that's what it looked like to me. The white one in the third video had turbo vents in the rear bumper but I didn't see the vents in front of the rear wheels so who knows. Mustangs are the most highly modified cars on the planet but Porsche's aren't far behind. I'm still waiting on the Ferrari 360 challenge car video. ::)

NFSBOSS said:
That was fun watching you carve those guys up. The silver Fall-Line car is hard to tell but it had a GT3 RS or Cup car wing on it. The white one in this video had turbo vents in front of the rear wheels or at least that's what it looked like to me. The white one in the third video had turbo vents in the rear bumper but I didn't see the vents in front of the rear wheels so who knows. Mustangs are the most highly modified cars on the planet but Porsche's aren't far behind. I'm still waiting on the Ferrari 360 challenge car video. ::)
And I'm waiting on Youtube my friend :) Up next.

NFSBOSS said:
I'm still waiting on the Ferrari 360 challenge car video. ::)
Ok here it is, but it starts with a race prepped Foxbody. Things get pretty dicey in Turn 6. I just had a feeling he was going to try to save it instead of getting it settled back down out in the dirt like the Fall-Line P car. Fortunately I waited to let it play itself out.....

http://youtu.be/btBexR3z0XU

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well , yes, John , I burned the pads off my pony ( 99 Mustang Cobra ) and had to limp all the way back to Nebraska metal on metal.

Bet faster than those tracks as it has three straights that push 140-160mph , two followed by really heavy braking. The old man is just looking out for you -- bring extra pads and rotors.

We had 150 million dollars worth of inventory damaged in a Hail Storm on June 3rd ( made National and International News ), so things have been super busy around here and hard to get away. Fortunately the Vipers I sell were all in the warehouse. We did not have any Boss or Shelby's here at the time except one used one and it was sold prior to the event, but that has made my Summer Schedule much different and tough to get away as much. So it will be your battle with Gary, but he has elevated to another level of late and he will be even tougher to beat -- take those pads.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Bill Pemberton said:
We had 150 million dollars worth of inventory damaged in a Hail Storm on June 3rd ( made National and International News )
Dude, that sucks. We lost landscaping and will be getting a new roof, gutters and some screens. 3rd time in 7 years :(

So it will be your battle with Gary, but he has elevated to another level of late and he will be even tougher to beat -- take those pads.

Oh... I'll have spares :) Thanks for the warning!

Like Fastoldman Bill my summer this year has been consumed by other priorities, severely limiting any track time (as in, zero so far). :'( Really enjoying "driving" vicariously through guys like Gary, though, and his latest RA exploits. Damn, that's some driving!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel