The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Road America Part Deux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
Fun first session. Lewis and I got out near the front and had a great cat & mouse session. I let him by after a lap then a couple laps later he pointed me back by. We are just running very very close times. Man can he drive that thing! Got a 2:35 but there's more...still a lot of traffic. Beautiful day here again 8)

Sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to go back there. 8)

Dean#4AI said:
cloud9 said:
Fun first session. Lewis and I got out near the front and had a great cat & mouse session. I let him by after a lap then a couple laps later he pointed me back by. We are just running very very close times. Man can he drive that thing! Got a 2:35 but there's more...still a lot of traffic. Beautiful day here again 8)

Sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to go back there. 8)
We are having a great time. Wish you were here as it's a little weird being the only Mustang in a field of 100+ Porches. I look like the fat cheerleader my car is so big relatively speaking. ;D. It's a bit of a war of attrition there have been at least four blown motors and probably more. Two cars wrecked and several other mechanicals. Could be a quiet afternoon. Good last session with several 2:35s and Lewis cracked a 2:34 but then we hit traffic. Rolling chicanes of P cars. :D

How's the new suspension setup working?

Suspension is working well just need more power/less weight :) Clutch pedal stuck halfway down on last lap going into 5th :(ugh. It seems to be fine now but obviously a concern. I was getting pretty bad shudder in the braking zone last two sessions getting progressively worse and not sure if it is a wheel out of balance or flat spotted a tire.....hopefully not a rotor warped. I am out of pad up front so am going to skip the last session. Throwing codes like crazy too.....P0010, 0012, 0050 & 0155 so will have to get those checked out but looks like bad O2 sensor or wiring.

cloud9 said:
Clutch pedal stuck halfway down on last lap going into 5th :(ugh. I was getting pretty bad shudder in the braking zone last two sessions getting progressively worse Throwing codes like crazy too.....P0010, 0012, 0050 & 0155 so will have to get those checked out but looks like bad O2 sensor or wiring.

What? are you copying my posts now ???

The clutch still works fine, it's not broken. However, it was a bummer having the pedal not return issue which I haven't had before. Hopefully it won't be a recurring problem.

As far as the codes I'm guessing it's an O2 or the wiring to it and it's just kicking those codes. Probably an easy fix.

Gary these problems like the clutch always reoccur :(

P0155 O2 SENSOR HEATER CIRCUIT (bank 2, sensor 1) not certain but maybe an easy fix
P0050 HO2S HEATER CONTROL CIRCUIT (bank 2, sensor 1) I need to read up on this one since it's new to me.

As for the P0010 and 12 the fix will be a new harness, I think you said the just fixed some pins last time. As far as I know several people have had this and it has not returned after the entire harness was done. Maybe the new ones are upgraded?

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
Gary. Lewis comment on Rennlist thought you might enjoy.

"Good day for me today. Ran a 32.7. Not as good as the RS guys, but, I'm happy.

Had a great time playing with the Boss Mustang today. Gary's a great guy and gets a lot out of his car.

On to Mosport."

Peter

OLOABoss said:

Had a great time playing with the Boss Mustang today. Gary's a great guy and gets a lot out of his car.

On to Mosport."

Peter
Hey thanks for passing that on Peter. You have some really cool friends. It was fun to see a GT3 really driven to its limits by a very capable driver. We had a good time playing......now I just need to find 3 weeks to come down and play with you guys on those Southern tracks....and find another 2-3year seconds to catch up lol.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
2012YellowBoss said:
Gary these problems like the clutch always reoccur :(

P0155 O2 SENSOR HEATER CIRCUIT (bank 2, sensor 1) not certain but maybe an easy fix
P0050 HO2S HEATER CONTROL CIRCUIT (bank 2, sensor 1) I need to read up on this one since it's new to me.

As for the P0010 and 12 the fix will be a new harness, I think you said the just fixed some pins last time. As far as I know several people have had this and it has not returned after the entire harness was done. Maybe the new ones are upgraded?

There is a history of those with P0012 (or similar) codes that were remedied with a harness replacement ? Please provide details, this is not what I was being told by Ford directly.

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
Gary

Florida is really nice in Dec/Jan come on down and run Daytona in Dec with HOD and Sebring Winterfest with PBOC in Jan. ;) The FL/GA GT3RS group running in the FAASST group got down to mid 2:25 2:26 range. I wanted to make RA again this year but the GT3 repairs shot my Budget $$$$.

ps. Those guys are better drovers than I am. ;)

Peter

cloud9 said:
OLOABoss said:

On to Mosport."

Peter
Hey thanks for passing that on Peter. You have some really cool friends. It was fun to see a GT3 really driven to its limits by a very capable driver. We had a good time playing......now I just need to find 3 weeks to come down and play with you guys on those Southern tracks....and find another 2-3year seconds to catch up lol.

OLOABoss said:
Gary

Florida is really nice in Dec/Jan come on down and run Daytona in Dec with HOD and Sebring Winterfest with PBOC in Jan. ;)

That would be the best time to come. Winterfest is a great time and I am sure you would enjoy it. I enjoy less cars on track for clean runs then playing with a track full of cars and better drivers then me ::) You could even find a PBIR or HMS run in there, plus a little drive north and Road Atlanta and the new Atlanta Motorsports park. You would have a place to leave the trailer.

PeteInCT said:
There is a history of those with P0012 (or similar) codes that were remedied with a harness replacement ? Please provide details, this is not what I was being told by Ford directly.

I am just guessing on this Pete and only going on what happened with me. I had the codes going off and the new harness fixed the problem in my case.

OLOABoss said:
Gary

Florida is really nice in Dec/Jan come on down and run Daytona in Dec with HOD and Sebring Winterfest with PBOC in Jan. ;) The FL/GA GT3RS group running in the FAASST group got down to mid 2:25 2:26 range. I wanted to make RA again this year but the GT3 repairs shot my Budget $$$$.

ps. Those guys are better drovers than I am. ;)

Peter
We've been skipping the winter vacations lately because flying's such a hassle and we're not much for sitting on a beach. Hmm...I think I could sell a Southern track road trip vacation when it's 10 below up here.

I just finished getting the car put back together and unpacked so finally had a chance to look over my GPS timer. I was a little surprised at the top speed data. I was only hitting top speeds of 138-144 this trip versus 142-148 last time, even though I ran a second and a half faster best lap time this trip. There were some of the guys that went up to the control tower to watch for a while and said they were clocking some of the GT3s/RSs at 160 :eek: I was really impressed with how the GT3s and particularly the GT3RSs pulled the Boss in the straights. I'm not sure if I was down on power from my last trip there due the the O2 sensor engine codes or just the higher humidity. It felt like it was down a little but I shrugged it off thinking it was just in my head. I'd really like to know if it was the PCM or just the humidity since if I do the off-road H-pipe or even high flow cats and headers with the factory tune, that may not work.

drano38

Wayne
Gary,
If it was a lot hotter and a lot more humid, that drives up what we call Density Altitude in aviation. Two weeks ago when it was hot and humid on our home turf, we had 4,000 ft Density Altitude--the air at your house was like air at 4,000' as far as a motor is concerned--less oxygen molecules due to less dense air, so we get less power.
But during the middle of our South Dakota winter, we'd have better power than those guys in Florida-but our Boss's are hibernating :(.

OLOABoss said:
Gary

Traqmate data on GT3RS was 151 top speed confirmed from several sources. My 6GT3 was hitting 144mph on front straight.

Peter
Thanks, that's more believable to me than 160. They were pulling but I didn't think it was 15 mph. I would have guessed your 6GT3 would be similar to the Boss.

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
Gary,

Yeah everybody looks at speedo and thinks it is correct. At Sebring the RS is about the same differential in speed into turn 17 or 7mph faster. Your RA times are impressive in light of da Boss weight and tires size, I assume you were running Conti takeoffs 275/35 18, compared to the Porsche 315 or 335 rear, 300# lighter and the RS having around 425rwhp.

Peter

OLOABoss said:
Gary,

Yeah everybody looks at speedo and thinks it is correct. At Sebring the RS is about the same differential in speed into turn 17 or 7mph faster. Your RA times are impressive in light of da Boss weight and tires size, I assume you were running Conti takeoffs 275/35 18, compared to the Porsche 315 or 335 rear, 300# lighter and the RS having around 425rwhp.

Peter
Thanks, actually I was running 305/650/18 rear and 285/645/18 front which are probably close to a "35" profile. I think the Contis being an endurance compound are a slower (harder) tire than the 555RIIs and certainly the R6s I ran on the Boss last year. Speaking of size, they were joking that the Boss hood was about even with the Porsche's roofline. When I look at some of the pics and videos my wife took it looks ginormous out there ;D I just ordered a set of Nitto 555RIIs for BIR in a couple weeks since I have tons of lap time comparisons on those tires. I'm hoping to squeeze another second or two out of the new suspension there. At least I'll have an apples to apples comparison to my times last year on the same tires.

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
Still impressive with the weight and aero of da Boss when compared to the Pcar. ;) I know putting shocks and springs on my old GT3 was worth 2.5 sec at Sebring so I expect you will see good gains at BIR.

What tires were you running Hoosier R100 or Pirelli WC takeoffs?

Peter

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel