The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Mar

Road Atlanta Just Track It March 5th 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Niceville, Fla.
Yep, under the bridge as the the track falls away...and away...off camber sweeping RH turn to the frontstretch - daunting is pretty accurate. I don't think you get comfortable with that segment - just use to it.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Niceville, Fla.
Goodness gracious Patrick, your Mustang sound awesome brother. You can carry healthy speed thru T1-T2 (uphill. slight bank), & T6 (more bank than it appears). T7 is most critical on the circuit. Thanks for sharing👍🏁

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
You got more comfortable as the run went on.
You may be turning in a bit early at a few turns. Very common. You want to get into and through the turn asap. Just remember, early in means early out this usually causes you to have to wait on throttle well past the apex. This slows you down.
Shifting. Down shifting earlier may help.
Were you running out of RPM/gear on the long straight?
Sure looked like fun. Wish I was there

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
Yeah I was at 7K through 8 all the way to 10A. And it was leaning out. You should be able to hear that almost every lap.

I tried fourth through 12 once in another session. Just didn’t seem right. Also tried going to second a few laps through 10a and 10b. It just wanted to spin the tires oversteer.

Good points all around d though. Appreciate you guys watching and commenting. I needed someone in the car with me. They were out of instructors when I registered.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel