The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Mar

Road Atlanta w/ Chin Track Days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
I am going! I am a brand new member as of today and registered for March 19th - Novice - Solo. Not new to tracking but will be my first event in the GT350. I am beyond excited and looking forward to meeting other Stang owners at Road Atlanta.
Welcome Daniel! Looking forward to meeting you there. My car is hard to miss.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
Well I won't be seeing anyone at Road Atlanta this weekend. Photo of my view for the next 5 days. I was walking across the crosswalk to get to the Target across the street from the hotel. A guy ran me down making a left turn. Fractured vertebrae. A police officer watched it happen, if there is any silver lining. My head broke his windshield.

67F66204-1C54-4171-8DAD-C683609AD1C0.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
That sounds like a really bad day. Hope you heal quickly and have no lasting effects. Getting run over can affect the rest of your life. I was hit by a truck almost 40 years ago and have felt the effects since it happened.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
To add insult to injury…it was a Mustang. And the paramedics cut off my TMO shirt that came in the mail Thursday.
Anyway, if you’re there, you can say hi to my car sitting in the paddock. 😂

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Atlanta, GA
Well I won't be seeing anyone at Road Atlanta this weekend. Photo of my view for the next 5 days. I was walking across the crosswalk to get to the Target across the street from the hotel. A guy ran me down making a left turn. Fractured vertebrae. A police officer watched it happen, if there is any silver lining. My head broke his windshield.

View attachment 84869
Oh no…, really hate to see that ...! Wish you speedy recovery James

Hope you see you in the near future once you've well recovered..

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
How’s your recovery coming along?
Titanium rods and screws are installed to fuse the spine. That's the only surgery. I'm kind of able to stand with a walker, torso brace, and nurse. Balancing the blood has been tricky...yesterday when I stood my blood pressure went to 78/38. So I sat down. We switched painkillers around so I think I'm doing better now. Might get released this weekend. It will still be another 8 rough weeks after that, I'm told.

2296EB26-8995-47B7-89E7-D767A0AD5457.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
That looks far worse than I was expecting from the initial post. That car must have been really moving when it hit you. I wish you the best in your recovery.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
That looks far worse than I was expecting from the initial post. That car must have been really moving when it hit you. I wish you the best in your recovery.
Thanks EF1. He told the officer he was doing 15. "I don't think so, Tim"

TMO Supporting Vendors