The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

RoadFly Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I actually like the enthusiasm of the review. This is also the first time I've heard someone mention the driving position and distance to the clutch pedal. I'm just a tad under 5'7" so for me I actually have to get up pretty close to the steering wheel when at the track. Small price to pay for such a great overall ride.

As for the mention of a non-ragtop, she was doing OK (marginally) until she brought that up !

MLM

Mike
PeteInCT said:
This is also the first time I've heard someone mention the driving position and distance to the clutch pedal. I'm just a tad under 5'7" so for me I actually have to get up pretty close to the steering wheel when at the track. Small price to pay for such a great overall ride.

I'm 6'2" but my wife is 5'0". I bought a clutch pedal extender from a guy in Michigan who I presume designed it and sells them. It's called EZ Clutch Pedal Extension and he sells them on eBay or you can email him (I bought through eBay, easier). http://bondraperformanceengineering.com/

It made a world of difference for my wife and I can still drive the car with no problem. The install would take about three minutes except getting the pedal pad back on is a real pain. I used a hair dryer to make the rubber more pliable but it still took me about 20 minutes. Mod worth doing IMHO.

P.S. He has pics of it on his eBay listing.

MLM

Mike
PeteInCT said:
Thanks for the heads up. Looks pretty well made.

Yeah, it's a clamshell design that clamps over the pedal and it's got metal threads for the two screws. I didn't use any thread locker but after about a thousand miles it's still on there tight.

PeteInCT said:
Thanks for the heads up. Looks pretty well made.
That's a very clever design and looks well executed.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
MLM - I just received the Bondra clutch pedal extension but it looks like it won't work with my Boss 302 LS. The LS does not have a full rubber clutch pedal pad, it's metal with rubber 'treads'. Looks like the Bondra unit is really meant for a GT. What type of clutch pedal pad do you have in your Boss?

MLM

Mike
PeteInCT said:
MLM - I just received the Bondra clutch pedal extension but it looks like it won't work with my Boss 302 LS. The LS does not have a full rubber clutch pedal pad, it's metal with rubber 'treads'. Looks like the Bondra unit is really meant for a GT. What type of clutch pedal pad do you have in your Boss?

I have the same pedal pad as you. It is rubber with an aluminum facing. The "treads" protrude through the facing but underneath it is all rubber. Reach around back and you will feel the edges on all four sides of the pad, they wrap around the pedal itself. Pry the entire pad off with your fingers (don't try to pry the metal piece - it is affixed to the rubber), it's not too hard to do especially if you warm it up with a heat gun or hair dryer like I did. Go slow and work it off. The hard part is getting the pad back on the pedal extension. The metal facing makes the pad very inflexible which is why it is so hard to get back on. But with patience it can be done! Trust me!

I will try to get a pic of my installation later, but I didn't take pics of the pad by itself when I had it off.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Thanks - I just got an email form Kevin at Bondra with the same advice. I was a little hesitant to pull off the pedal pad only to find that it could become unusable. To be honest I wasn't able to get a real close look at the pedal pad last night. The instructions that came with the unit threw me off a bit becuase they just mention a 'rubber pedal pad', no mention of the metal faceplate and I was thinking maybe the GT was built differently.

MLM

Mike
PeteInCT said:
Thanks - I just got an email form Kevin at Bondra with the same advice. I was a little hesitant to pull off the pedal pad only to find that it could become unusable. To be honest I wasn't able to get a real close look at the pedal pad last night. The instructions that came with the unit threw me off a bit becuase they just mention a 'rubber pedal pad', no mention of the metal faceplate and I was thinking maybe the GT was built differently.

I am almost certain that Ford uses the same pedal pads for the V6 Premium, GT Premium, Boss and LS. I think the metal facing is just there for appearance; it's not a full metal pad. Good luck, I think it is a worthwhile mod.

TMO Supporting Vendors