The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rock Chip(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's exactly how mine is installed.

Interesting, I see you went with the Venture shield. Is there a reason you went with it over the Scotchguard? Forgive my ignorance, but I got a lecture from one rep who was $350 more than the guy I'm going with. They told me I need to understand that they use ScotchGuard and the "cheaper" companies use VentureShield which is a brand 3M just purchased. (The guy I'm using, uses Scotchguard and the on dealers lecture and condescending comments is why I'm not using them.)

I take these comments with a grain of salt but I would like to know the real differences between 3M Scothguard and the acquired VentureShield. Or is there even a difference at all?

Thanks. ChuckP, looks good and I can only see the film in the close up but still it looks good.

Well I took everyone's advice and recall what Cloud9 has on his car. I've decided to do the clear bra but now it's should I just do it without fixing those rock chips or get those fixed first?

The chips are hard to see if your not looking for them or don't know where they are. I'm not taking it to some kind of National Car show or anything so to save me the money ($500) and have the bumper re-painted, I may just get the bra now.

I can get the whole front bumper, up about 12'' on the hood and both mirror fronts for about $500. Thoughts?

suprmn said:
Well I took everyone's advice and recall what Cloud9 has on his car. I've decided to do the clear bra but now it's should I just do it without fixing those rock chips or get those fixed first?

The chips are hard to see if your not looking for them or don't know where they are. I'm not taking it to some kind of National Car show or anything so to save me the money ($500) and have the bumper re-painted, I may just get the bra now.

I can get the whole front bumper, up about 12'' on the hood and both mirror fronts for about $500. Thoughts?

I'm going to go with Star Shield Armour out of CA. They have an installer here in Charlotte and are listed on the 3M site as certified training partners. The cost for most anything on the car is $700. That's bumper, hood, rock panel kit and rear bumper if I want it and asls the door edges.

The install is scheduled for Tues.

frosty said:
Interesting, I see you went with the Venture shield. Is there a reason you went with it over the Scotchguard? Thanks. ChuckP, looks good and I can only see the film in the close up but still it looks good.

I chose an installer in my area that does a lot of high end cars.
http://proshieldinc.com/

He installs both Ventureshield and Scotchgard. He said both are fine products but he is a little happier with the results and customer feedback on Ventureshield. I simply went with his recommendation. I really don't think you can go wrong with with either product.

frosty said:
suprmn said:

I'm going to go with Star Shield Armour out of CA. They have an installer here in Charlotte and are listed on the 3M site as certified training partners. The cost for most anything on the car is $700. That's bumper, hood, rock panel kit and rear bumper if I want it and asls the door edges.

The install is scheduled for Tues.

Price sounds fair. Make sure they do the mirrors too!

I used Star Shield Solutions out of CA. They have remote reps and from the research I did they look to be certified trainers of the 3M products.

The rep here in Charlotte came to the house and did the work in the garage which was nice. I think all they will do is do an IPA Alcohol rub down.

I cleaned, clayed and buffed the car to the way I wanted it before he showed up.

He did the front bumper, headlights, around the front wheel wheels to the doors all the way back to the rear wheels. The Rear bumper, put plastic behind the door handles to prevent finger nail scratchs.

He did the front windshield roof rails, side mirrors and inside the door jambs all for $700. There are a couple of minor symmetrical issues if I'm being picky about it but all in all if it holds up, it looks pretty good for $700.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel