The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rocket Science Racing Front Tow Hook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rocket Science Racing front tow hook is finally available! I've been working on it for way too long, doing finite element analysis and building several prototypes, but the hard work has finally paid off.

This tow hook is the strongest and stiffest available for the GT350 and GT350R, yet weighs only 4 pounds. It's made from ASTM A500 steel tubing and is designed to handle the harshest flat tow that Bubba, the tow truck driver, can dish out on the track. It mounts directly to the front bumper beam using grade 8 hardware and requires only minimal modification to the grill. For those that want a stealth appearance while driving on the street, the tow hook mount nearly disappears into the lower grill when the red tow hook loop is removed. It's super easy to throw the tow hook loop in the trunk or glove box for quick retrieval if something happens on the street. The tow hook ships with all necessary hardware and easy to follow instructions including front bumper removal, with pictures.

I'm offering them now for an introductory price of $130 shipped for the first 5 customers. That's $50 off the regular price. And for anyone local to Orlando, FL, I'll even include free installation.

Send me a PM or email to [email protected] to purchase or if you have any questions.
P1120654_zpsvvvlhktb.jpg

1338928_zpsujqzn2tu.jpg

Looking good. Do you have a photo of the hook installed with the bumper cover off and on?

Sorry for the delay guys! I forgot to have the system notify me for replies.

Here are some more pictures:
Without bumper cover:
11%20tow%20hook%20install_zpscxswme0u.jpg

With cover: (you'll have to look closely!)
IMG_20160810_213146606_zpsty25598a.jpg

Here's a link to the installation instructions. It shows everything that needs to be done.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OPJrPHwFcW-VUzTjHGg09tZ_wswGNjtEHvGfsUyqFJg/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not sure if it'll work on a GT, but I'd love to find out. If you know someone in the Orlando area with one, I'll sell them one for $50 and a free install to try it out.

I've sold three already, only two more left at the introductory price!

StigsBaldBrother said:
I'm not sure if it'll work on a GT, but I'd love to find out. If you know someone in the Orlando area with one, I'll sell them one for $50 and a free install to try it out.

I'd be willing to buy it for $50 and try it out if I could return it if it doesn't fit.

PM me and we can work out the details.

krt22 said:
very cool, it looks like some rocket scientist designed it 8)

If you're implying that said rocket scientist, who may be employed by an agency of the federal government and therefore over-designed, over-budget and behind schedule, then yes, it is. ;D

DFW, TX
I certainly like the mounting arrangement.

Since this is a government cost plus project, can we put a screw-in tow hook (ahem, like the ZL-you know who one...) located in the center of one of the grill openings, so there is no cutting.

I'm greedy I know.

bpracer said:
I certainly like the mounting arrangement.

Since this is a government cost plus project, can we put a screw-in tow hook (ahem, like the ZL-you know who one...) located in the center of one of the grill openings, so there is no cutting.

I'm greedy I know.

Believe me, I tried, I really did. I really didn't want to start cutting parts on my brand new $60k car, but i just couldn't get the engineering to work out. Any sort of side load from a flat tow or vertical load pulling it onto the trailer would've deflected the tow hook and broken the grill anyways. The grill openings were just not large enough.

Damn you Ford for not putting one on from the factory.

DFW, TX
StigsBaldBrother said:
Believe me, I tried, I really did. I really didn't want to start cutting parts on my brand new $60k car, but i just couldn't get the engineering to work out. Any sort of side load from a flat tow or vertical load pulling it onto the trailer would've deflected the tow hook and broken the grill anyways. The grill openings were just not large enough.

Damn you Ford for not putting one on from the factory.

I understand completely. If I'm going to mount one of these, I actually want it to do the job and not tear away my front bumper. Thank you very much for your efforts.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
ChevyNick , now considering the Season and the fact that you are getting a Ford, it would seem appropriate for you to change your moniker to Saint Nick , as the Mustang is definitely more heavenly and it is a gift that keeps on giving!

Mine arrived by USPS today. Stig is very easy to deal with. Prompt transaction, shipping. High quality product.

The first batch has sold out! I'll be fabricating some more and they should be available in the next 2-3 weeks. Send me a PM or an email if you want one or have any questions.

Thanks to those who purchased the first set!

Customized the install, went with a center mount. My first shot at uploading pictures:

1doyQFK.jpg

https://goo.gl/photos/nhCkkvituDmE61JP7

TMO Supporting Vendors