The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rocky Mountain Mustang Rally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just checking to see if anyone here on the forum is going to Steamboat Springs, Colorado next weekend for the 24th annual Rocky Mountain Mustang Rally? Myself and another club member are making the trip and spending the whole weekend at the show.

The only thing I was unable to get into was the Autocross....that sells out almost immediately I was told. IF anyone is going or has gone, I'd love to hear about it. We take off Tuesday and get into Steamboat Wednesday before all the festivities start. Just hope the weather is good!

I have done the Round-up many times, it's the best Mustang event I have ever attended. I was planning on going, but found out the autox sold out in Feb. The rest of the event with the mtn tour, show on main and all the social events (free beer at the dinner party) along with located at a ski resort make for good time. I have never gone with out doing the autox, any how my Track Attack is comming up soon so I don't feet too bad missing it this year. You won't be disappointed.

I will be there next year. :)

Have to head east this year for a wedding.

You will have a great time, be sure to post pictures. Any modern Boss in the AutoX should do quite well.

The RMMR was a ton of fun! Let me share some of the details about the show and my experience.

Scenic Drive: had around 150 cars which participated and the route/stops were good. The only thing which was disappointing is the return trip is exactly the same way you go out!

Autocross: Sold out quick and I was unable to compete! There were no Boss car's which ran, but heard a rumor Miller Motorsports may have run their 2013 SBY 302. Looking into that rumor. Plan for next year is register immediately (January 1st)

Friday night Social: Many came out to this and enjoyed good food and free drinks. Would have not eaten so much before the social had I known how much food they were serving.

Saturday Show N Shine: Great weather, Great Cars and all the volunteers where great. In a little over 2 1/2 hours they parked 440 Mustangs all along main street in Steamboat!

All classes were judged by a selected few towns people and the 2012-2013 models and other selected models were to be by popular vote.

Breakfast/Sunday Banquet: The buffet food was ok, nothing really to write home about. And the Banquet was good with a ton of door prizes and a grand door prize of a crate motor given away. Some door prizes were up to $800 in tires.

Overall the time was great and the drive/scenery was unbelievable. We had to take a southern route since the fires in the mountains were not under control. Enjoyed our drive through Estes Park and later through Independence Pass.

*Now for the great news: There were many cars in the 2012-2013 popular vote class, such as a 2012 GT 350/Several Roush Cars/Kona Blue and White 302/#16 Boss 302R and my Yellow Blaze 302. Many, many people commented on the color of the car in the sun.....none had seen this color before on a mustang. When the award were given out, I was the lucky recipient of 1st place in this class! I was shocked and smiling from ear to ear.

I will try and post pictures of the cars, event and more when given a chance. Right now awaiting the other photos from a club member who made the trip with me. Next year is to be even better since its the 25th anniversary of RMMR and the 50th anniversary of the Mustang.

I recommend those who can, look into it next year! Well worth the price and trip!

SUPRMN said:
The RMMR was a ton of fun! Let me share some of the details about the show and my experience.

Scenic Drive: had around 150 cars which participated and the route/stops were good. The only thing which was disappointing is the return trip is exactly the same way you go out!

Autocross: Sold out quick and I was unable to compete! There were no Boss car's which ran, but heard a rumor Miller Motorsports may have run their 2013 SBY 302. Looking into that rumor. Plan for next year is register immediately (January 1st)

Friday night Social: Many came out to this and enjoyed good food and free drinks. Would have not eaten so much before the social had I known how much food they were serving.

Saturday Show N Shine: Great weather, Great Cars and all the volunteers where great. In a little over 2 1/2 hours they parked 440 Mustangs all along main street in Steamboat!

All classes were judged by a selected few towns people and the 2012-2013 models and other selected models were to be by popular vote.

Breakfast/Sunday Banquet: The buffet food was ok, nothing really to write home about. And the Banquet was good with a ton of door prizes and a grand door prize of a crate motor given away. Some door prizes were up to $800 in tires.

Overall the time was great and the drive/scenery was unbelievable. We had to take a southern route since the fires in the mountains were not under control. Enjoyed our drive through Estes Park and later through Independence Pass.

*Now for the great news: There were many cars in the 2012-2013 popular vote class, such as a 2012 GT 350/Several Roush Cars/Kona Blue and White 302/#16 Boss 302R and my Yellow Blaze 302. Many, many people commented on the color of the car in the sun.....none had seen this color before on a mustang. When the award were given out, I was the lucky recipient of 1st place in this class! I was shocked and smiling from ear to ear.

I will try and post pictures of the cars, event and more when given a chance. Right now awaiting the other photos from a club member who made the trip with me. Next year is to be even better since its the 25th anniversary of RMMR and the 50th anniversary of the Mustang.

I recommend those who can, look into it next year! Well worth the price and trip!

Speaking on behalf of the other 251 YB Boss 302 owners out there... Yellow Blaze RULES!! So it's not only the fastest color on the track, but also wins when it's standin' still!! Congrats on the car and the award!!

TMO Supporting Vendors