The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Roll Cage Installer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’d appreciate some opinions from this august group. 🙂

I was connected to a shop, about 100mi from where I live, for a roadrace roll cage install and lightening (among some other work) in my 2017 GT. The shop’s reputation is great with plenty of AI Mustangs down here running their work.

I want to go with the new Trackspec cage. The shop hasn’t used them (they use Watson cages) and has not replied to emails after reviewing the Trackspec stuff as we discussed on the phone. Not mad at all, but feels like the shop doesn’t want to do the job. Being on the west side of the state, I can’t drop in communicate F2F and properly get vibes, and now a month is wasted on this.

Today, I was referred to a fab shop with a great rep local to me, but they’re drag race guys typically. Mustang dudes, but every pic of their work is drag cars.

The car could also need some other work as I may dry sump and need work to install a tank, replace glass with lexan and braces etc. Fuel cell is on my mind too.

For those that have built/caged cars, what would you do here? The world isn’t binary either…so if you suggest shipping the car…to me that’s just a cost to be figured.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel