The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Roof and Pillar wrap? Yay or Nay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To change the color or for protection?

I have to get some samples, since I am interested in protecting the OEM paint. It's impossible to tell from a picture how close the color is. The other thing that would interest me is a clear satin to wrap the whole car in.

saw that boss on ebay yesterday

my vote is no on the roof wrap unless you can match the reflective stripes

the pillar and bumper wrap a big no

roadhouse said:
I had the roof on my GT wrapped with matte black vinyl and I'm really happy with it.

I did gloss black on my 12 white gt too and agree it looked good

the 13's look different and its going to be hard to match the reflective stripe

The bumper is out for me . . .but the roof look interesting. The pillar might be too much as well.
I saw this car (Michael Heintz's) that got me thinking about the roof. Decisions decisions. I may give it a try. Worst case is just peel it off.

MG3_1975.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I like the roof wraps on '13s.

Not so sure about the B pillar... They do something like that on the Explorer A pillar. I think I'd like it on the mustang if it didn't have to be curved. That part looks a little weird. If you do it, I'd suggest gloss black for the pillar.

USNjocson said:
I've got my roof and top of my trunk wrapped with satin black. It's a nice sleek look with an RTR spoiler to top it off

Do you have pictures of this? I have always wondered why they didn't do the trunk more similar to the 70 Boss.

Thanks.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I wrapped the roof on the race car in "carbon fiber" vinyl after I damaged the roof paint during removal of sound deadener. People ask about the "carbon fiber roof" CONSTANTLY when they see it, for better or worse.

1269684_10100420880154794_540276387_o.jpg

10172747_10100575821211674_1575628336_n.jpg

That Carbon roof wrap looks amazing!!

ArizonaBOSS said:
I wrapped the roof on the race car in "carbon fiber" vinyl after I damaged the roof paint during removal of sound deadener. People ask about the "carbon fiber roof" CONSTANTLY when they see it, for better or worse.

1269684_10100420880154794_540276387_o.jpg

10172747_10100575821211674_1575628336_n.jpg

Not sure if you guys are affraid of Plastidip or something, but its cheaper to buy and easier to apply and remove if you dont like it. I did my roof and trunk lid with it and liked the roof, but not the trunk. I ended up driving with the roof black for a month, then descided I didnt like it. 30 seconds later, back to stock, the way it is now. I did the a pillars too, and with the curve, it looks funny in real life. Plastidip is your freind, if you like the look, peel it off and get it wrapped.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel