Rotatable GT350 Square Wheel-Tire Setup

Discussion in 'Brakes, Wheels and Tires' started by VoodooBoss, Aug 27, 2016.

1. JAJ

JAJ TMO Race

I run the factory 11" ET62 rear rims with a 35mm spacer up front and it works fine for me, and it would also work fine with ET60's. The important question is "will the rear rims clear the front brakes with that spacer in place?" They should, but it's best to test-fit first.

Bill Pemberton likes this.
  2. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

Wow , that is one giant spacer ( 1.4 inches ) , and I had a hard time using a 1 inch one. Guess that is an option , but thanks for posting the size as that could be a detriment to some, imho. Obviously not bothering you, and I appreciate your honest candor as it may help others makes a decision like yours?

3. JAJ

JAJ TMO Race

Actually, I think it's Ford's engineering forethought that we're seeing in action. The OEM 11" ET62 rear rim with a 1.50" (38mm) spacer is the EXACT same dimensions as the OEM front CF rim - ET24. Not only that, the GT350R OEM front studs are EXACTLY the right length for using the OEM lug nuts for that combination. Is this a fluke? I doubt it...

So, since I couldn't find a suitable 38mm spacer, I bought a pair of the Eibach 35mm spacers with the extra row of studs and pressed the studs out. Works like a charm.

4. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

Congrats on your ingenuity .

5. VUDU V8 Steve

VUDU V8 Steve TMO Beginner

Another Square / Rotatable Set-Up :
    ( Shameless TMO Plug: Three year student of GT350, I have learned a lot from this Forum's no B.S. advice & info..Thanks, VooDoo Boss et al...)

Caliperfexion brake caliper studs (of course)
    ARP Wheel Studs
    25mm Front Spacers from OP Mustang
    Apex
    11" x 19 ET 52 SM-10 Wheels ( in always dirty race silver )
    Pirelli 315-780-19 slicks ( I buy take-offs; these are rear tires from Ferrari or Lambo Cup Cars...)

First Track day on this set-up 3 days ago @ TH felt great, however I think the monster front footprint and 2" wider front stance resulted in a bit of push (understeer), running -1.9 of Camber without plates, but now I think for sure I need Camber plates to run a bit more..Physics suggests understeer would be an expected result of this change, correct? Thinking of buying Steeda Camber Plates @ approx. 250$, as Vorschlag are pretty, but @ 500$ offer no more range/ease of adjustment, and I don't care what they look like under the hood...Yeah? Open to suggestions

Incidentlly, best drive-up/street tires for the GT 350 IMHO is NITTO NT-01 305-30/19 on all four corners. They work with the OEM rims front and rear, Treadwear # of 100 is WAY more sticky than Michelin anythings, and they cost only a bit more than OEM Michelins..( 1600-1800$ mounted and balanced )...

I squeezed the hell out of my lemon; heading back to the juicer with or without the Camber plates in 10 days...

VoodooBoss likes this.
  6. TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS TMO Addict

Where are you getting the takeoffs?

7. VUDU V8 Steve

VUDU V8 Steve TMO Beginner

John Berget Racing Tires: Family buisness out of Wisconsin, selling tires to racers for 47 years, he mentioned...
    The website is JB Racing Tires, its never updated with anything, you have to call and see what he has...(Tele. # on the website)
    If you're running 18's like I can't on the GT350 you have a lot more options for sticky rubber.